• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Yeovil Bus Station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WelshBluebird

Established Member
What on earth is a bus street? I am assuming a street of bus stops? Aka a bus station, but on the street, with no inside waiting area and less room for buses?

henairs

Many large city's have these with Plymouth, Southampton and Salisbury all springing to mind so be interesting to see how things turn out if approved even.
Mike R

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Many large city's have these with Plymouth, Southampton and Salisbury all springing to mind so be interesting to see how things turn out if approved even.
Mike R

Plymouth seems to work ok (and it is much better than the horrific Bretonside). Southampton and Salisbury are less great, especially if you are looking to change bus. I also find Weston a bit of a pain in that respect.

To be honest, I was really shocked by how much the area around Yeovil bus station had declined. The level of footfall was very low, so I'm less concerned about the bus station going. The questions are.... Will the bus streets be bus only or will local businesses demand that they must receive deliveries and so have DHL or UPS vans parked on kerbs with hazards going? Also, any stand area for out of service buses?

175mph

On Moderation
Something like this happened in Grimsby but a waiting room got built where there wasn't one before.

Status
Not open for further replies.