• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Yeovil commercial guard roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanda08

I’ve applied for this position and wandered about the roster.
I’m in the talent pool for EMR TM which is a 35 hour week. The SW Yeovil position is 42 (although higher pay)
I’ve seen a thread about the Fratton guards roster and it sound terrible to be honest -3 weeks of lates, one of earlies, amongst other things.
Is Yeovil likely to be the same does anyone know?
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

J3053B

Yeovil is just Early and late turns at the moment as far as I'm aware.

4am start or 4pm start, they only have about 4 different schedules as well.

This will change as more people get recruited, I have posted somewhere else but from what I know they are eventually looking to have something like 32 guards and currently only have about 13.

I currently work for SWR and live in Yeovil but dont work there yet, hoping to transfer as already a commercial guard.

Salary wise I average about 2500+ each month with commission and maybe a day or two of overtime, house prices in Yeovil are very good and you get a lot for your money, the rental market is also very reasonable.

Any more questions please do ask.

NM1990

Applied for the above role in early November and just received an email saying my online tests were successful and they will inform me in due course regarding the assessment centre day.

I assume the assessment day will comprise of similar tests for a GWR conductor. I managed to get through to the assessment centre day but failed on the SCAAT test early last year.

has anyone received any materials as yet advising of what the day will comprise of?

understandably my email just advises they will notify me in due course once they are running the assessment centres, currently on hold due to covid 19.

CHM056

I have applied for the commercial guard post but based out of Farnham. Does anyone know what the roster is like from Farnham? Also what trains are operated from here? :)

TEW

Established Member
Now been invited to assessment so bumping in case any knows - thanks :)
At the moment it seems to be a four week rotating pattern. With rest days as follows:
Thu/Fri/Sat
Sun
Sun/Mon
Tue/Wed

So that gives a four day weekend every four weeks, but means lots of 6 and 7 day runs of work. Yeovil is set to expand though so that pattern may well change.

TEW

Established Member
I have applied for the commercial guard post but based out of Farnham. Does anyone know what the roster is like from Farnham? Also what trains are operated from here? :)
Farnham has a four day rotating pattern. With rest days as follows:
Fri/Sat
Sun/Mon
Tue/Wed
Sun/Thu

So a four day weekend every four weeks, but two single free days too which limit your opportunity to do much with your time off. Shifts start all across the day really. Trains worked are 444/450, 455, 456 and 458.

MiNi

Yeovil is just Early and late turns at the moment as far as I'm aware.

4am start or 4pm start, they only have about 4 different schedules as well.

This will change as more people get recruited, I have posted somewhere else but from what I know they are eventually looking to have something like 32 guards and currently only have about 13.

I currently work for SWR and live in Yeovil but dont work there yet, hoping to transfer as already a commercial guard.

Salary wise I average about 2500+ each month with commission and maybe a day or two of overtime, house prices in Yeovil are very good and you get a lot for your money, the rental market is also very reasonable.

Any more questions please do ask.
Which depot are you based at at the moment.? What is your travelling time to your depot as I know some toc's don't like people travelling too far.

MiNi

Applied for the above role in early November and just received an email saying my online tests were successful and they will inform me in due course regarding the assessment centre day.

I assume the assessment day will comprise of similar tests for a GWR conductor. I managed to get through to the assessment centre day but failed on the SCAAT test early last year.

has anyone received any materials as yet advising of what the day will comprise of?

understandably my email just advises they will notify me in due course once they are running the assessment centres, currently on hold due to covid 19.
The assessment day will comprise of a maths test,scaat,raat,customer service situations tests. Rvce (railway verbal communication test).And just for commercial guard the ticket issuing test.

Status
Not open for further replies.