• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Yeovil connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gathursty

Established Member
Assuming post-lockdown, the timetables haven't changed too much, what is the normal difference in time between:

A southbound arrival at Yeovil Pen Mill and a westbound departure at Yeovil Junction

An eastbound arrival at YJ and a northbound departure at YPM

A westbound arrival at YJ and a southbound departure at YPM

A northbound arrival at YPM and an eastbound departure at YJ.

In context, I'd like to do a Westbury - Yeovil - Axminster return journey and a circular journey in either direction Southampton <> Weymouth <> Yeovil <> Salisbury.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Have you looked into the timetable to make use of one of those SWR services which links the two stations as IIRC it isn't the nicest to walk.

Mike99

Out of curiosity I had a look at Google maps, it says 2.1 miles between Pen Mill and Junction, 42 minutes walking time, I think there is a thread somewhere about poor bus connections and some of the roads don't have pavements. I'm sure someone more local will confirm the local details.

Mills444

Out of curiosity I had a look at Google maps, it says 2.1 miles between Pen Mill and Junction, 42 minutes walking time, I think there is a thread somewhere about poor bus connections and some of the roads don't have pavements. I'm sure someone more local will confirm the local details.
As far as Im aware the bus does not operate anymore as I have looked for different days and on the ex operators website South West Coaches and I can see no mention of it.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
As far as Im aware the bus does not operate anymore as I have looked for different days and on the ex operators website South West Coaches and I can see no mention of it.

When I was doing night rail replacement (one way only for the 2235 Salisbury) I noticed this poster at the bus stop, and took a picture of it (See attachment) Unfortunately I didn't get one of the adjacent route 68/70 timetable.

But basically you do Yeovil Junction to Bus Station, then a bus to Pen Mill.

Last time I did the direct bus was a few years ago on a Freedom on South West rover, unfortunately although the bus was free with a valid rail ticket, a rover ticket covering both Yeovil stations isn't valid.

Attachments

• 20200316_221728.jpg
    20200316_221728.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.