• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Yeovil junction new depot info - Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

armin99

Just looking for info regarding Yeovil junction as a new drivers depot. What I can see online it’s a new depot, stabling upto 8 158/9 traction units. Running wise, the Waterloo to Exeter Line with early and late turns ?? what other roads do they sign ?? . What’s the rosters like ??. thanks for any info, I am a driver also.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MiNi

Just looking for info regarding Yeovil junction as a new drivers depot. What I can see online it’s a new depot, stabling upto 8 158/9 traction units. Running wise, the Waterloo to Exeter Line with early and late turns ?? what other roads do they sign ?? . What’s the rosters like ??. thanks for any info, I am a driver also.
I am not a driver,I thought that the maximum stayed there overnight was 3 159's. I think it is a growing depot and from 2022 there will be more units,more drivers and more guards based there.

saintsfan

At the moment, Yeovil is capable of holding 12 carriages, 6 in Down Siding #1 and 6 in Down Siding #2 . So 4 159 units essentially.

Currently, Drivers sign Waterloo to Exeter via Salisbury, Salisbury to Bristol and Westbury to Yeovil via Castle Cary.

That being said, from December 2021, SWR are withdrawing the Bristol services, so I am assuming that all new trainees/qualified transferees (myself included) will only be signing Waterloo to Exeter and Salisbury to Yeovil via Westbury

armin99

I am not a driver,I thought that the maximum stayed there overnight was 3 159's. I think it is a growing depot and from 2022 there will be more units,more drivers and more guards based there.
Thanks

At the moment, Yeovil is capable of holding 12 carriages, 6 in Down Siding #1 and 6 in Down Siding #2 . So 4 159 units essentially.

Currently, Drivers sign Waterloo to Exeter via Salisbury, Salisbury to Bristol and Westbury to Yeovil via Castle Cary.

That being said, from December 2021, SWR are withdrawing the Bristol services, so I am assuming that all new trainees/qualified transferees (myself included) will only be signing Waterloo to Exeter and Salisbury to Yeovil via Westbury
Thanks for the info, just found the timetable consultation report for December 22, quite interesting too.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
See the stickied driver thread above and click on SWR - there's a few details on Yeovil.

Status
Not open for further replies.