• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Yeovil Junction- New Starters

Status
Not open for further replies.

baz962

Established Member
They would be facing points at a diverging junction. If they were trailing then there would only be one route to protect so the junction would pose no problems

If they were trailing to the person laying dets. If I came to a junction with approaching trains from the main and a branch , then I'm facing the points . But I'm a mere human and not protecting from myself . The points would be trailing to the oncoming trains though.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Monty

Established Member
Does anyone know how many guards jobs are on offer?

For Yeovil? Can't imagine it will be many as the establishment isn't all that high. Recruiting for quite a few depots across the network though.

Biddydiddiy1

Next year there are 22 guards courses, Yeovil is a bitter subject for me as my family continue to live there whilst I have re-located for a guards job... Such is life!

pompeyfan

Established Member
For Yeovil? Can't imagine it will be many as the establishment isn't all that high. Recruiting for quite a few depots across the network though.

14 rings a bell, think I read it on a recent internal circulation.

MiNi

The 14 guards jobs at Yeovil Junction have been readvertised. Apparently there were not enough applicants or jobs offered.

Sir Hateley

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone else is due to start working at Yeovil Junction? I start my guard training in a few weeks. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect regarding the training? I can’t wait to start! Cheers :D
Hi, just passed the assessment and wondering what to expect next? What was the interview like? Was the medical stringent? Cheers

MiNi

Hi, just passed the assessment and wondering what to expect next? What was the interview like? Was the medical stringent? Cheers
When was your assessment ?,was it in Southampton & how did you find the day ?.
The interview should be in the next few weeks i would say. Good luck.

pompeyfan

Established Member
If only there was a whole forum to search!

interview used to be usual fair, give us an example of when you went above and beyond, when you were proactive, worked well under pressure, how you cope with shift work, worked well as a team, how you view sickness and punctuality at your current employment.

medical is a booth style hearing test, an eye test similar to an optician, and pee in a cup which is sent away for drugs and alcohol.

Sir Hateley

interview used to be usual fair, give us an example of when you went above and beyond, when you were proactive, worked well under pressure, how you cope with shift work, worked well as a team, how you view sickness and punctuality at your current employment.

medical is a booth style hearing test, an eye test similar to an optician, and pee in a cup which is sent away for drugs and alcohol.

Many thanks for that, load off my mind. I had visions of heart rate monitors and BMI checks...

pompeyfan

Established Member
Many thanks for that, load off my mind. I had visions of heart rate monitors and BMI checks...

weight and height are taken for a BMI, but I don’t think it’s make or break. Drivers have to do an ECG but not guards.

MiNi

weight and height are taken for a BMI, but I don’t think it’s make or break. Drivers have to do an ECG but not guards.
The commercial guard jobs at Yeovil Junction close date has been extended again. This is due to low numbers of applicants & job offers.Anybody know how many have been offered jobs as I believe that 14 guards are needed to run the depot/ services.

Sir Hateley

The commercial guard jobs at Yeovil Junction close date has been extended again. This is due to low numbers of applicants & job offers.Anybody know how many have been offered jobs as I believe that 14 guards are needed to run the depot/ services.
Yes, I saw the advert go up again. I passed an assesssment in October for Yeovil but havent heard anything since, worryingly....

Status
Not open for further replies.