• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Yes Sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HR2

I am on an underground train travelling through a leafy suburb on a branch that is not very long. Having left the diverging junction we proceed onwards and on the way we pass over a river. The station where I alight is very quiet with few customers except at peak hours. The surrounding area has houses in which quite wealthy folk live. Where did I get off the train?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Chesham? It's a short branch and it crosses the river Chess(?). It's quiet in my experience but it must get busy at peak hours as it has special through trains from London IIRC. In this case the leafy suburb must be Chalfont & Latimer.

H

HR2

All wrong Guys.

Further clue. A motorway is crossed as well

RJ

Established Member
Gotta be the M11 :D

Chigwell, after crossing the River Roding and the M11 :)

H

HR2

Well done Joea1

If you guys like theses little puzzles I can think up more. If not, say so and I'll stop.

H

HR2

Ooooh....This is a BIG station! But as none of the trains from here go to where I want to go we will descend below to smaller ones. The line colour is brown and the train arrives. Travel on it to a station that has a large department store up above. I Change there to another line and head westwards to a place where carnivals are held each year. Ascending to higher levels I board another train for two more stations and get off. After wending through passageways I find that I am in another BIG station. This time I DO board a train and ride on it to a University town. End of journey

Where did I start? I could have gone direct from the first big station to the second but I did not to make the journey more interesting. In so doing at which stations did I change trains? Lastly where have I finished at?

T

Tom

Start at Baker Street, take the Bakerloo to Oxford Circus, then the Central to Notting Hill Gate, and then a District or Circle to Paddington, boarding a Great Western to Oxford.

So...
Start : Baker Street
Changed trains at : Oxford Circus & Notting Hill Gate
Finished at : Paddington (in London), or Oxford

devon_metro

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
Start at Baker Street, take the Bakerloo to Oxford Circus, then the Central to Notting Hill Gate, and then a District or Circle to Paddington, boarding a Great Western to Oxford.

So...
Start : Baker Street
Changed trains at : Oxford Circus & Notting Hill Gate
Finished at : Paddington (in London), or Oxford

Wow, that's exactly what i had in mind, but didn't post as i thought i was wrong! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.