• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Yessss, Bakerloo is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nutter

It looks really good, except for one thing, I get the death mesh at stations :cry: :cry: :cry:.
I know this is because I have a SiS graphics card (I have the most recent update) but it does get annoying. I was wondering if anyone could release a patch (I've left a message on TSC's guest book).

Except for the death mesh it looks fantastic, just a shame I can't enjoy it to the full (at least at the mo)

EDIT: a patch has been released for any others experiancing simiular probems. THANKS TSC

richa2002

Established Member
I've just driven from Elephant & Castle to Harrow & Wealdstone and I'd like to say well done to the Trainsimcentral team for such a great route!

Mushroom

WOW. tis indeed good. love the SILVERLINK service. Well done to all involved. Back on the PC tomorow when ive got time for for a full line run! :)

Coxster

Established Member
class 313 said:
nice! but that 321 just takes it away :(
Better than the 313, considering it still only has one of the original small cabs!

Fantastic route!! Well done to all involved! Is it me or is this route giving a big hint that a class 313 is on its way?

Coxster

Established Member
lankylancaster said:
Fantastic route!! Well done to all involved! Is it me or is this route giving a big hint that a class 313 is on its way?
Dunno but the route was in need of BVE4-ifieing anyway. I wonder if SRv2 will be...? ;)

Tom B

Established Member
Excellent route - well done to all concerned!

The Snap

Established Member
lankylancaster said:

I think it is you know! Check this out, a quote from John Owen on another forum:

Looks like I'll have to investigate a 313 update!

:D

LondonBVE

The route is amazing so realistic. (Is it). But one thing why I meet up with some funny signals when the signal is green the next signal is red?

The Snap

Established Member
LondonBVE said:
The route is amazing so realistic. (Is it). But one thing why I meet up with some funny signals when the signal is green the next signal is red?

I thought the signalling was great. I especially liked the shunting touch added at Harrow, which was used for the first time in Richwell Stage 2 v2.5. I don't know if Paul/Steve/Stephen knew of it before, but it is very realistic, and I'm sure Bill EWS will second that!

devon_metro

Established Member
LondonBVE said:

Thats normal, Basically 2 aspect without a repeater in between!

Nitro

Juat took it for a little spin and its awesome. Another great additon to our BVE 4 route collection, well done to all involved!

Bill EWS

Hi Richard, and everyone, I downloaded the Bakerloo route yesterday evening and have been very impressed with it and the 313 Silverlink is brilliant. The only trouble I had with it was that each station seems to have a different stopping mark and is difficult to remember which is which as you progress but no doubt that will improve with route knowledge. Graphically they look great.

The frame routes remained in double figues constantly, except with the Elephant & Castle - Harrow when it starts rainning, they reduce to between 5 & 7fps.

Outside the Richwell Route it was nice to see the good use of subsidiary signals, this is what everyone should follow from now on.

Mainline wise, I worked over (above) this LU line with freight too and from Stratford and Temple Mills and also with DMU's between Marylebone and High Wycombe. Likewise in and out of Wembley on the Harlesden freight line. That EWS 66 & ballast train could well be a Didcot turn. Each of those areas in the route were easily recognisable.

My thanks to everyone involved in developing the Bakerloo Routes. One to be proud of.

Eezypeezy sent me the updated platform data for the Tyne Valley Route and he has done a really nice job and all the stations are looking much more realist. I went to one of the Forum links which has photos of the Tyne Valley line and it proved just how close Ezzypeezy has got to the real look and layout of the branch, it is going to be a very worthy BVE Route when completed.

So, more great additions to BVE4. Soon I shall require a computer just to run BVE trains and another for general work!!!

Regards.

BillEWS.

bloogrape

dont want to be an ass or anything.. but i dont like tube type trains, well i just found out. that was the most boring bit of gaming ive ever done, i almost fell asleep. the route proberly is realy realy good but omg its so boring i cant even feel like im there, its just like watching a movie that you know whats happening next.

thumbs up to the route but as for underground, jesus do me a favour and dont suduce me into getting any route of that sort lol

Tom B

Established Member
To remove the rain, take a copy of the route and search the file for the pattern

.beacon 21;

Then for each of these beacons, change the last value in the statement to be 0.

Perhaps better illustrated graphically: see here http://brj.5000megs.com/beacons.gif

Bill EWS

Hello Bloogrape,
As a mainline driver I too couldn't really stand to have worked on the underground trains fulltime, but they have their own fascination and I am sure drivers working there can understand and feel for their railway every bit as any mainline driver. But I wouldn't knock it in regards the time and effort BVE train and route makers are putting into it and you have to drive these routes accordingly.

When I worked at Marylebone I worked over the LT lines from Neasden to Amersham and it was quite different to the mainline and we had separate rules and regulations to work to and had to be aware of that everytime we drover over that line. But it was something different to mix with our LT colleagues. The LU routes deserve to be part of BVE and good luck to them.

Regards.

BillEWS.

bloogrape

eezypeazy said:
I wonder if Bloogrape is deliberately trying to wind us all up.....

eezypeazy

Ofcourse not, like bill_ews had said its not a route created for us mainline lovers and i cannot get into the underground theme even if i tryed. its not knocking the route at all, i have given my blessing to the route and i do think bill is right in saying it deserves to be in the BVE collection. however i just didnt get into the mood of this route, that dont point the fact out that its personal to this route because i havnt tryed any other underground routes

wumpty

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Bloogrape, yes I think LU is an aquired taste, one of those you love or hate. It would be better with smello-vision and a force feedback seat, but thats for BVE5 probably.

Bill EWS said:
The only trouble I had with it was that each station seems to have a different stopping mark and is difficult to remember which is which as you progress but no doubt that will improve with route knowledge. Graphically they look great..

Hi Bill, I set the surface section stopping marks so that the DOO mirrors should be lie on the edge of the windscreen when you stop. The tube stock uses the second mirror, the NR run uses the first mirror, being as the trains are shorter. In the tunnels, you should stop with the monitors just to the edge of the windscreen or end door window depending on which side the platform is.

The Snap

Established Member
wumpty said:
Hi Bill, I set the surface section stopping marks so that the DOO mirrors should be lie on the edge of the windscreen when you stop. The tube stock uses the second mirror, the NR run uses the first mirror, being as the trains are shorter. In the tunnels, you should stop with the monitors just to the edge of the windscreen or end door window depending on which side the platform is.

I was gojng to say, stop at the green stop marker, but by the looks of it, there aren't any - I don't ever recall seeing any of the Bakerloo.

Coxster

Established Member
Rich said:
I was gojng to say, stop at the green stop marker, but by the looks of it, there aren't any - I don't ever recall seeing any of the Bakerloo.
I think there are miniature versions on the side of the barriers at the end of the platform - might be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.