• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Yet Another Successful Trip...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 37 Fan

Another TWO Updates with the first being Barrow Hill gala yesterday, featuring.....

Corus class 20 nukber "81" (20056)
56061, 37178, 37667, 37603, 73138, 31107, 31454, 47744, 47175, 66709, loco line ups, Deltics, Class 20's, Type 5's and MUCH more.

Second collection is Derby & Leicester with 33202, 45112, 60008, 58005, 66169 and 31285.

Take a look here....

http://37517smodernlocopics.fotopic.net

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The 37 Fan

Thank you Dennis, thanks RMT for your comment, however you may notice the angle, one being taken from a lower angle and showing slightly more of the body side from a diagonal view. Still its the only 58 in Railfreight Grey isnt it? So why not have two similar shots?

richa2002

Established Member
Yes, why not, it's just not worth having two similiar shots on a website, people don't want to have to trawl through near identical shots.

rmt

I noticed the angle, doesn't mean anything to me.

If you remember what I said the other week about variety, I always see the same sort of shots from there, including plenty from the banking. Try something different every now and then, it doesn't have to work properly for you to notice things in it that may work properly in other shots.

I'm trying to get away from the three-quarter full sun shot, and vary the things I shoot. I'm not going to specify examples, as I don't want to hijack your thread, but you know where to look.

Keep it up, and don't be afraid to try something different.

Craig

Established Member
Nice variety of colour. Most of the photos are standard 3/4 shots though which gets a bit repetitive.

The 37 Fan

rmt said:
I've counted 6 3/4 shots of a single loco, but I musn't grumble...

Yws but sinvce when have both ends of a 20 been different. Besides I took a few different agles of that locomotive for a good reason. Will explain that later.

Thanks eveyrone else for your comments :D

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Why do people moan about three-quarter profile shots? One of the best angles you can have! Granted, low angled-three-quarter profile shots usually work mighty fine (did with D9555!), but high angled-three quarter profiles also look mighty fine with some classes (I'm thinking of 67s here, but classes with slanted fronts are the best for this angle IME for some reason).

I can see what you mean with similar shots of the same thing though, it does get a bit boring. Ones using different filters or ISO settings, yes that's fine, but shots on the same settings at the same angle thereabouts...

I love using front-facing, low-angle, three-quarter profile shots. Even on a cloudly day, they can be some of the greatest photos ever!

The 37 Fan

I agree, I like to see the front of loco and a good enough show of the side of the loco showing its livery and side details. But hey thats me, I like 3/4 photos, low angle photos, line up,s, nose to nose photos etc...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.