• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

York-based station/on board jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh518

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and am just seeking some advice - apologies if this has already been asked.

I am really interested in trying to get a job based in/out of York station. NXEC are apparently outsourcing all their station customer service jobs to a recruitment agency, which I've had no luck with to be honest. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other ways to get a job there? A friend of mine suggested offering to do a work-trial or get work experience at weekends or evenings and see if they take me on after that? I'm aware though that NXEC have lost the rights to the ECML, so they probably won't be doing much recruiting for the rest of the year...your thoughts?

If it helps, or if anyone knows anyone at York or NXEC who manage York station who might be able to help me: I'm in my early 20s, am degree educated and have customer service experience and an excellent knowledge of the uk rail network from personal travel over the last 8 years or so.

In addition to that, I would really like to get an on-board conductor position and ultimately work my way up that way. I've recently submitted an application to Northern, am awaiting the closing date and hopefully an interview!

Your replies and advice are appreciated. cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.