• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

York - Grantham today

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennorthyork

We need to catch the 15.34 from YRK - GRA today returning on the 19.22. It does need to be these trains unfortunately. Is there any cheaper ticket than the Super Off Peak return at £69.70 for 2 adults, 2 children, 1 family railcard. Thanks in advance. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dstrat

You can save £1.10 by buying a Grantham to Donny, and Donny to York. Don't know about any better than that though!

khib70

We need to catch the 15.34 from YRK - GRA today returning on the 19.22. It does need to be these trains unfortunately. Is there any cheaper ticket than the Super Off Peak return at £69.70 for 2 adults, 2 children, 1 family railcard. Thanks in advance. :)
Afraid not, according to the EC planner. Not even by using different services. More knowledgeable people than me (ie just about everyone) may well find something cheaper by splitting/using another permitted route.

John @ home

Established Member
We need to catch the 15.34 from YRK - GRA today returning on the 19.22. It does need to be these trains unfortunately.
You can save £1.10 by buying a Grantham to Donny, and Donny to York.
There are no splits available on these trains because the 1922 Grantham - York is non-stop. My opinion is that the £69.70 for 2 Adult and 2 Child Super Off Peak returns is the best you will find.

Hull Trains have considerable disruption today. See amended timetable. The 1534 from York connects at Doncaster with Hull Trains' 1605 Doncaster - Grantham 1639. This is the 1546 departure from Selby, which is to be formed by the 1539 arrival at Selby from Kings X. It seems to me that there is a substantial risk of this train not running to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.