• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

York to Huddersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMGitsDAVE

Hi all,
Just wondered if there was anything cheaper than £17.20 return from York to Huddersfield for tomorrow, Tuesday 14th feb. I arrive in to York around 10.15, so anytime after that, and will be departing Huddersfield around 16.00. Currently don't have a railcard.

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Are you doing either of the following:
- Taking an all stations stopping train between York & Leeds (except Ulleskelf!) or
- Not leaving station premises at Huddersfield (eg, visiting the Head of Steam)

OMGitsDAVE

I don't mind which type of train I'll be taking, as long as it gets me there by 1PM as it's for a University interview!

I'll be leaving the station premises to go for the interview, which lasts around 3 hours sadly.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
York-Micklefield SDR (dep 1109) £10.00
Micklefield-Huddersfield CDR (change at Leeds) £6.10
Total £16.10

On the way back also change at Leeds.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
York to Halifax CDR £13.80. Valid Via Huddersfield as per Map LY.
True, although I wasn't going to suggest that in this case as the OP would be breaking his journey at Huddersfield and it is unclear if that is allowed (the ticket is valid for doubling back between Deighton & Huddersfield due to the Group Station rule as stated in the Routeing Guide), as there is an argument to say that "for interchange purposes" does not permit going to the University (but does permit the use of station facilities including the Head of Steam ;)).

Status
Not open for further replies.