• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

York to London - Routeing Guide Journey Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomsy47

I'm not too au fait with the Routeing Guide so apologies if this is a rather obvious question.

I will be travelling from York to London later this week, and I'll be using the return portion of a London Terminals to York Anytime ticket. Looking at the Routeing Guide, maps AY, EY and KY are valid routes. Would the following itinerary be therefore allowed using this ticket:

York - Leeds - Sheffield - Retford - Peterborough - Ely - Cambridge - London Liverpool St?

I know the easy route is straight down the ECML but I have most of the day to get home and it'd be nice to ride on some different lines while I had the opportunity. If it is valid, would I have potential issues given the long, windy route?

Thanks,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JB_B

Established Member
I don't think so. You have the options of following mapped routes on any of AY / EY / KY but you can't swap between them. So you can do Sheffield on EY or you can do Ely on AY but not both.

Status
Not open for further replies.