• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

York

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

What ticket do I need to travel to York (from Huddersfield) on Saturday the 12th and return on Sunday the 13th?

Also how much will it cost?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John @ home

Established Member
Hi guys,

What ticket do I need to travel to York (from Huddersfield) on Saturday the 12th and return on Sunday the 13th?

Also how much will it cost?
Assuming no railcard, an Off-Peak Return Huddersfield - York is valid by any train on Saturdays and Sundays and the adult price is £18.

Aictos

Established Member
I've found a Standard Class Any Permitted Off Peak Return which retails at £18 or £43.80 Anytime First Return.

I don't usually deal with tickets but I would have thought the first option would be valid at the weekends unless I'm wrong, waiting for Yorkie and co to correct me.

As to Advance Purchase fares, I can only see to get First Class or Standard Class Singles, that's it - no returns at all.

Established Member
If you do have a railcard (and I think NUS card but check this) and can book in advance, do it through TPE's website as you get a further discount for being classed as a student.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you want to go First Class I'm pretty sure it's £6 each way to upgrade, so £30. The Anytime First is a rip-off, at least at weekends! I don't think the upgrade is worth it for Hudds-York, but it is quite reasonable for a longer distance journey.

morgantyreman

DescendingSadly presuming you from Huddersfield you might have a WY metro pass in which case it will get you pass leeds and to Garforth if you get the Middlesbrough TPE then just get a Garforth to York. much cheaper lol bit late now like just noticed. hope it helps in future though

Established Member
Too right, if you have a MetroCard that is. Had a free one over the summer, boy was it good.

Status
Not open for further replies.