• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Yorkshire Coast Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joba

Hi everyone, I hope I've posted this in the correct sub forum but if not I apologise and kindly ask if a mod could move it to it's rightful home. Thanks :)

I'm hoping to get out and explore this line soon and just wanted to hear people's general impressions of it. Such as your favourite station on the line, railway oddities along the line you don't see anywhere else, thoughts on the quality of service the line receives?

I'm looking forward to visiting Filey, Bridlington, Beverley and Hull. I'm also tempted to visit Arram due to its remote location and very low passenger usage!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Llandudno

Established Member
Has anyone bought or likely to reopen the quirky cafe/micropub inside Bridlington station?

Spartacus

Established Member
Filey's got a nice overall roof and a curious footbridge. Added by the NER some years after the construction of the station, it's a standard design, but is too wide for the station! As a result the steps on the southbound platform are within the roof area, those on the northbound platform are mostly outside it! http://www.railwayarchitecture.org.uk/Location/Filey/Filey.htm

Last edited:

a_c_skinner

Established Member
Bridlington is worth the visit. The buffet was splendid when we passed through, sorry to hear it is shut.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
This summer is probably the last chance to see the Semaphore signals at Bridlington too.

Joba

Filey's got a nice overall roof and a curious footbridge. Added by the NER some years after the construction of the station, it's a standard design, but is too wide for the station! As a result the steps on the southbound platform are within the roof area, those on the northbound platform are mostly outside it! http://www.railwayarchitecture.org.uk/Location/Filey/Filey.htm
Fantastic! This is exactly the type of quirky thing that I'm looking for. I'll be certain to take a closer look and take a few pics. Thank you.

reach123y

The original footbridge at Cottingham has just been fully refurbished. Worth a look as you pass through. Also Beverley Minster and the Friary, both within a short walk of Beverley station.

Try this website for more info

Status
Not open for further replies.