• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Yorkshire Coast Liner

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good Morning,

All being well this Easter weekend, Good Friday-Easter Monday I hope to be travelling to Pickering from York on service 840 which are operating Saturday services on those 2 days. Does anyone know are these buses, especially the ones going onto Whitby single or double deckers? and also what is the period return fare from York Stn to Pickering? Many Tks, Steve.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
We caught the bus from Malton to Pickering on Easter Saturday last year, and it was a double decker. Just as well as it was very busy with families going to Flamingo Land.

I don't know what the York - Pickering fare is, but the Malton fare seemed quite pricey. Then again, all bus fares seem quite expensive these days. I could not find any fares on the Coastliner website before we went, they seem to be pretty cagey about prices!

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I'm pretty sure that the fares were not on the website last year. I wanted to compare fares from Leeds by rail/bus and bus only.

I'm glad they are there though!

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Good Morning,

All being well this Easter weekend, Good Friday-Easter Monday I hope to be travelling to Pickering from York on service 840 which are operating Saturday services on those 2 days. Does anyone know are these buses, especially the ones going onto Whitby single or double deckers? and also what is the period return fare from York Stn to Pickering? Many Tks, Steve.

The buses to the coast are almost always double deckers. Sometimes the shorter runs to the York suburbs are singles.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I'm pretty sure that the fares were not on the website last year. I wanted to compare fares from Leeds by rail/bus and bus only.

I'm gald they are there though!

No, they seeed to have a blip - they always used to have a selection of prices wich disappeared suddenly for several months.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
The buses to the coast are almost always double deckers. Sometimes the shorter runs to the York suburbs are singles.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

No, they seeed to have a blip - they always used to have a selection of prices wich disappeared suddenly for several months.

Good to know I'm not losing any more marbles than I already have! I clearly remember sending an email to them, and not getting a reply. In the end I got Advances from Leeds to Malton and then caught the bus.

daniel3982

The Coastliners that operate beyond Heworth have always been double deckers (and nice ones too) in my experience. Fares are expensive but North Yorkshire is true blue tory heartland doesn't provide many subsidies for transport at all so it's a very expensive part of the country to get around by public transport. It's a decent service other than the cost though.

Welshman

Established Member
Whenever I've travelled to Whitby, they've been double-deckers. And it's well-worth getting to the stop early, as you enjoy a magnificent view of the N. Yorks Moors from the top deck!

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Whenever I've travelled to Whitby, they've been double-deckers. And it's well-worth getting to the stop early, as you enjoy a magnificent view of the N. Yorks Moors from the top deck!

Agree with this comment. I have just returned from my trip to Pickering (Mainly to play on the NYMR), both coastliner buses from/to York were double-deckers, as were the ones I saw going to/from Whitby. I bagged front seats upstairs and views were great. :D Period rtn fare GBP 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.