• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Yorkshire Day Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi folks, are there any day rangers covering doncaster, leeds and surrounding areas ?
Thanks for any advice.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
There's a West Yorkshire Day Rover, but that doesn't cover Doncaster. Not sure how far over the South Pennines one goes now.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The South Pennine Day Ranger covers a fair bit of what you want. You can see the map of it's validity here. It costs around £20 for one adult.

I'm not sure if there is anything that's going to exactly meet your requirements but that seems fairly close otherwise it's the West Yorkshire Day Rover the map of which is here (it's valid everywhere apart from Zones 6 and 7) and costs around £6.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Hi folks, are there any day rovers covering doncaster, leeds and surrounding areas ?
Thanks for any advice.

What is the purpose of your trip and what is your journey plan?

As already mentioned, there is no single Day Ranger product that covers both Doncaster and Leeds.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I was going to mention that, but it's not a day rover ;)
I will change the thread title as it is misleading otherwise. The OP asked about Rovers, which are generally valid for more than one day. Day Rangers are different.

(The one exception is that there is a ticket that is really a Day Ranger but erroneously called a West Yorkshire Day Rover!)

ok, should have asked about day rangers due to time constraints. Just looking for some different trains/track than we've got here south of london. Ta. Preferably starting around Doncaster/Leeds.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Can't remember what it's called for sure, but there's a South Yorkshire Travelmaster (?) that's valid for a day that covers trains and possibly buses in South Yorkshire, which includes amongst other stuff Sheffield to Doncaster.

Leeds has the aforementioned and excellent value West Yorkshire Day Rover (train and bus or train only options), covers loads and extremely good value in my book.

I'd say they're your best two options.

button_boxer

Established Member
SY day travelmaster is £7.55 and covers all buses, trams and trains in South Yorkshire. There's also a DayTripper at £6.30 which is the same except that it's not valid before 09:30 on trains (it's valid on pre-09:30 buses and trams, just not trains).

Day tripper can be bought on the bus/tram, TravelMaster has to be bought at a station or PTE info desk. I'm not sure if either can be bought outside SY.

Status
Not open for further replies.