• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Yorkshire Diesel Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGVDUDE

Hi there,

Currently planning one of my yearly trips to Yorkshire, 2nd June - 5th June 2012, I plan on avoiding Railfest, except for the Deltic Tour, to enjoy Yorkshires other railway attractions, looking at the NYMR timetable, it notes that 'S' symbolizes Steam Hauled Trains, and 'D' symbolizing Diesel, but what about the trains that have no symbol?

http://www.nymr.co.uk/timetables-and-fares/timetable/

Also at Keighley, I wish I could come up the week before for the Diesel Gala, alas I cannot, and assume that the Summer Morning runs are undertaken by the Railcar? unless someone can correct me on that :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

YorkshireBear

Established Member
KWVR morning services will be operated by the 108 or 101 DMU, most likely the 108 not entirely sure how close the 101 is to traffic.
Unfortunately steam is main attraction so you will struggle at most railways.

TGVDUDE

KWVR morning services will be operated by the 108 or 101 DMU, most likely the 108 not entirely sure how close the 101 is to traffic.
Unfortunately steam is main attraction so you will struggle at most railways.

thanks for the reply, still trying to go the week before for the gala lol

YorkshireBear

Established Member
The lineup is definatley my cup of tea!

Haven't yet seen the line up for this year, not entirely sure its been announced. But last year they had the home class 25 and 20. With the shunter prototype 'Vulcan' then a 47, 25, 37 and a deltic. And the main line registered 56 and 47 were also used on occasions over weekend.

TGVDUDE

Haven't yet seen the line up for this year, not entirely sure its been announced. But last year they had the home class 25 and 20. With the shunter prototype 'Vulcan' then a 47, 25, 37 and a deltic. And the main line registered 56 and 47 were also used on occasions over weekend.

It has been announced, 37075, 26038, 31466 I think were mentioned among others & Home fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.