• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Yorkshire Railhead Treatment Trains (RHTT) Autumn 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesHorrell

Hi

Sorry if its been posted before but has anyone got the times for the Yorkshire RHTT this season and when they start as i did see them on a Facebook Group but i cannot find them anymore.

James

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Freightmaster

Established Member
Should be the same (give or take a couple of minutes here and there)
as last Autumn, so if you went out for a particular train at a particular
location, just do the same this year!

As for a start date, October 8th seems to be the favourite...

MARK

stuartmoss

Hi all,

If anyone can get me the RHT train times for the following locations it would be very much appreciated:

Horsforth
Leeds
Barnsley
Silkstone Common

Many thanks!

Stu.

Freightmaster

Established Member
The times are the same as last year, presuming you went out for the trains back then?

MARK
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The first Knaresborough RHTT of 2012 will run tomorrow morning,
passing Horsforth at 06:33 (North) and 07:20 (South)

MARK

stuartmoss

That's great - thank you again for the help, I filmed it South at 07:10 last year.

Does anyone know, what 20 305 was doing at Leeds Station, at 20.45 on Monday 22nd October? It was spotted, again, at York at 09.32 on October 23rd. Both times it was heading a rake of small blue tanks? Thanks for any info.

Mods, feel free to move this to a more suitable forum, if needs be?

Darandio

Established Member
It's an RHTT (Railhead Treatment Train) working, they happen every Autumn to try and clear leaf fall.

I think there even some shots of it at Leeds on this very forum, have a look at the Photography/Videos section.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This is a Railhead Treatment Train (RHTT)

Edit: I have merged the 3 threads discussing RHTTs in the Yorkshire area

Last edited:

theblackwatch

Established Member
Railhead Treatment Train - do a search for 'RHTT' using the 'search' function at the top of this page and you'll find plenty of linkt to other threads about the trains together with people's pictures. (They are one of the most widely photographed trains at present, I was out photographing at 06.25 this morning!)

Railhead Treatment Train - do a search for 'RHTT' using the 'search' function at the top of this page and you'll find plenty of linkt to other threads about the trains together with people's pictures. (They are one of the most widely photographed trains at present, I was out photographing at 06.25 this morning!)

Thanks, I didn't know what type of train it was. Have found relevant thread.

Tubeboy

I was on the 1038 Middlesborough to Whitby yesterday, we left about 15 minutes late due to the RHTT stalling on the gradient at Nunthorpe, so the guard said.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Does anyone know the times of the RHTTs through York station. Last year one went through at about 1530 heading for Malton but i cant recall which day of the week.

cheers

Freightmaster

Established Member
Does anyone know the times of the RHTTs through York station. Last year one went through at about 1530 heading for Malton but i cant recall which day of the week.
That one runs MWFO

There is also one in the morning (around 9am) which runs to/from Stensall on TThSO.

MARK

Status
Not open for further replies.