• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Yorkshire Tiger discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyh82

Established Member
There has been a cockup where the 81/82 have been included on the new timetable posters along with the 233 despite the latter replacing the former. I believe they were also still appearing on the journey planner and the yournextbus system.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
There has been a cockup where the 81/82 have been included on the new timetable posters along with the 233 despite the latter replacing the former. I believe they were also still appearing on the journey planner and the yournextbus system.
They didn't show up in the yournextbus when I checked it on Monday morning. That's not to say they weren't showing from other stops. Putting both posters up is just stupid, especially as there's no date displayed clearly on either, or a "From 2/9/18" note.

Andyh82

Established Member
They didn't show up in the yournextbus when I checked it on Monday morning. That's not to say they weren't showing from other stops. Putting both posters up is just stupid, especially as there's no date displayed clearly on either, or a "From 2/9/18" note.
As you attached above, the whole sheet is from the 02/09/18, the 81/82 shouldn’t be included.

Martin2012

If anyone is able to answer I'd be interested to find out typically what vehicles do Yorkshire Tiger use on the 358 Huddersfield to Ashenhurst service and is the route interworked with any other services?

Andyh82

Established Member
If anyone is able to answer I'd be interested to find out typically what vehicles do Yorkshire Tiger use on the 358 Huddersfield to Ashenhurst service and is the route interworked with any other services?
All the single decks at Waterloo are in a common pool really, so it’ll either be a Tempo or a Centro or an Omnicity, although the latter would be rarer as they don’t have as many.

I believe it will interwork with their other Metro tenders, the 356 and 360

theblackwatch

Established Member
I see that Yorkshire Tiger has been fined almost £22K over its punctuality/reliability. Clearly considered much more serious than Connexions and Transdev in Yorkshire who have both been hauled in front of the Traffic Commissioner in the past year but weren't fined as far as I can remember.

From http://www.route-one.net/articles/Legal/Yorkshire_Tiger_fined__22k

West Yorkshire-based Yorkshire Tiger has been ordered to pay £21,750 after it failed to meet reliability and punctuality standards. It has also been given a formal warning for failing to notify changes of directors and transport managers.

The Arriva subsidiary, running buses in Leeds, Bradford, Halifax, Huddersfield, Dewsbury and Wakefield, “consistently operated at a level significantly below the expected standards set by the industry regulator,” ruled Deputy Traffic Commissioner (DTC) Anthony Secular.

noddingdonkey

Thanks for that link, it's useful to know what the official punctuality requirements are

The figures compare with the requirement that registered local services should operate 95% of routes no more than one minute early or up to five minutes late.

This may sound a bit sad, but having got fed up with a certain other big operator in West Yorkshire fobbing off complaints about punctuality on my local route, I set up a Google Spreadsheet to request the next bus data (through the API which is available) a minute before each scheduled departure from the local timing stop, and log the difference between the expected and scheduled departure times. Nowhere near 95% over the last two weeks (although some awful roadworks do entitle them to a bif of slack).

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Well the 78/X78 between Halifax and Brighouse has been axed as of tonight.

The replacement that is the TJ Walsh operated 257/258, there suppose to be addtional journeys on the 258 to partially replace the Yorkshire Tiger's short lived 78/X78. The only irritaion is that WY Metro are still showing the old timetable from 2015 rathter than the new one so I wouldn't be too suprised if this lack of advertising is to try and kill off another route by stealth.

Metro are still avertising the 278 as a suitable bus for getting to Brooksbank school.

https://www.wymetro.com/your-school/a-z-school-finder/b/brooksbank-school/

syorksdeano

Martin2012

All the single decks at Waterloo are in a common pool really, so it’ll either be a Tempo or a Centro or an Omnicity, although the latter would be rarer as they don’t have as many.

I believe it will interwork with their other Metro tenders, the 356 and 360

Thanks ever so much for explaining and sorry for delay in acknowledging it.

Andyh82

Established Member
Although note that following the allocation changes since Honley depot closed, it could equally be a Solo or an MCV Evolution.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Although note that following the allocation changes since Honley depot closed, it could equally be a Solo or an MCV Evolution.
Didn't realise they'd closed Honley! Guess that shows how long it's been since I went down the Penistone line... surprised though, as Waterloo doesn't seem noticeably busier yet Tiger seem to still be running as many services in Huddersfield. Does that mean a fair few vehicles coming over from Elland each day?

Back on the notorious 233, even more annoying than the daytime frequency cut is the reduction to an hourly service from 1900h. Sort of understandable I guess, as there was always a fair old drop in custom in the evenings apart from the local scallies.

Andyh82

Established Member
3 boards moved to Elland, the rest to Waterloo, but the 81/82/85 changes reduced the pvr by a few but it still went up by about 10

Honley depot is currently full of all the withdrawn and surplus stock

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
3 boards moved to Elland, the rest to Waterloo, but the 81/82/85 changes reduced the pvr by a few but it still went up by about 10

Honley depot is currently full of all the withdrawn and surplus stock
Just passed Waterloo and they're not short of spare vehicles (used to always be deserted apart from the Christmas trees by quarter to five in the evening) so the reduced service isn't due to them spreading themselves too thinly. Despite the cut in frequency leading to folk standing as far as Kirkburton even on full-size buses, I've seen Solos on the 233 more frequently lately.

noddingdonkey

Looks like Tiger have waved the white flag in their war with First on the Golcar routes, from tomorrow's timetable change their 301 is withdrawn. I daresay First's current "up to 8 journeys per hour" will be reduced before long.

Andyh82

Established Member
The First service runs every 10 mins and has done for quite a while.

No surprise at Tiger pulling out, the amount of times the drivers just sat in the back wall, letting First pick up all the passengers, before pulling in at the last second.

It must be the first time First and it’s predecessors have had Golcar all to themselves since about 1994

geoffk

Established Member
Any bus on Yorkshire Tiger routes seen in Arriva Livery is as a result of YT taking Arriva cast off's and they have be reliveried. The problem comes if a passenger has an Arriva only ticket and tries to board a YT bus still in Arriva livery - tough look not valid.
Why would it not be valid as Tiger is part of Arriva.

cnjb8

Established Member
Might have been mentioned but why do Yorkshire Tiger seem to withdraw vehicles so soon? Like the 59 Solos. Are they for sale? Are they broken?

Deerfold

Veteran Member
No surprise at Tiger pulling out, the amount of times the drivers just sat in the back wall, letting First pick up all the passengers, before pulling in at the last second.

It must be the first time First and it’s predecessors have had Golcar all to themselves since about 1994

Almost. Tiger still run the contacted hourly 303/304.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Why would it not be valid as Tiger is part of Arriva.
Despite the common ownership, there's no cross-validity between Tiger and Arriva Yorkshire. The only exception I'm aware of being that both accepted (Arriva) Northern rail tickets during the strikes last year.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Despite the common ownership, there's no cross-validity between Tiger and Arriva Yorkshire. The only exception I'm aware of being that both accepted (Arriva) Northern rail tickets during the strikes last year.

The start of this little discussion was two years ago.

I remember reading a some time ago Tiger relented and accepted Arriva tickets on their services when an Arriva-liveried bus turned up.

There can't be many sections of route where both run now. Until a while ago the 278 had common sections of route with several Tiger services.

Bwsbro

Does Anyone know whos won the Bradford area Contracts from September, as the company have deregistered all their tendered operations in the area?

geoffk

Established Member
Does Anyone know whos won the Bradford area Contracts from September, as the company have deregistered all their tendered operations in the area?
Don't know about Bradford, but I heard that First have won back the X58 Halifax - Rochdale. Perhaps this will mean the end of the unhelpful 70 minute service interval and return to hourly as First should have another hourly service with some spare layover in Halifax.

Andyh82

Established Member
TLC Travel have won services 606, 629, 630, 633, 634, 649, 656, 680, 671, 675, 677, 678, 679, 680

Transdev have won services 737, 747, 757

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th

Of course Transdev were looking for drivers at their new Idle depot for the Flyer work, and there was discussion if they were taking on YT's site. Guess that losing that work made Idle unviable for YT.

Doesn't help answer your question mind :D NOTE: Until @Andyh82 answered 3.24 seconds before I posted

darloscott

That would just leave the Leeds Trinity shuttle bus - I am presuming this will not stay with Tiger and therefore transfer to someone else? Fourways or CT Plus most likely

Bwsbro

TLC Travel have won services 606, 629, 630, 633, 634, 649, 656, 680, 671, 675, 677, 678, 679, 680

Transdev have won services 737, 747, 757

Thanks for the comprehensive round up i knew of the Transdev winning the airport services but not the locals.

Of course Transdev were looking for drivers at their new Idle depot for the Flyer work, and there was discussion if they were taking on YT's site. Guess that losing that work made Idle unviable for YT.

Doesn't help answer your question mind :D NOTE: Until @Andyh82 answered 3.24 seconds before I posted

Its seems you can do a lot in 3.24 seconds haha

From their other registrations they must be concentrating more on the Huddersfield operation. It will be Interesting to see if the new Transdev will take over the former Yorkshire Tiger Depot in Idle

Britannia94

From their other registrations they must be concentrating more on the Huddersfield operation. It will be Interesting to see if the new Transdev will take over the former Yorkshire Tiger Depot in Idle

It has been confirmed that the new Transdev operations will take over the yorkshire tiger depot in Idle, I can’t remember where i have seen it, but it’s definitely happening, unless something between now and then causes it to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.