• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Yorkshire Trip 16th - 20th July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGVDUDE

Hey guys, heading up Yorkshire for a few days in July, Leeds game on the 16th, Embsay Gala, which i have just found out to be a normal running day so might just do the KWVR instead on the 17th, with Monday & Tuesday free, I was hoping to do the Scarborough Spa Express on the Tuesday but incase money restrains that plan can anyone advise me on decent freight workings in and around leed and decent locations please? also does the Stockton scrap run on thse days and whats the route?

Many thanks in advance,
Lewis M

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Hey guys, heading up Yorkshire for a few days in July, Leeds game on the 16th, Embsay Gala, which i have just found out to be a normal running day so might just do the KWVR instead on the 17th, with Monday & Tuesday free, I was hoping to do the Scarborough Spa Express on the Tuesday but incase money restrains that plan can anyone advise me on decent freight workings in and around leed and decent locations please? also does the Stockton scrap run on thse days and whats the route?

Many thanks in advance,
Lewis M

Hello believe your going to hillsborough on 16th think we discussed it before?

Ermm freight i would suggest popping down to doncaster theres alot through there and also doncaster wabtec works. That is most interesting i can think of, also you got leeds midland road which youd pass on a service to woodlesford/wakefield kirkgate and beyond.
I will be volunteering at KWVR on 17th so watch out for the civil gang ill be in there as the only young one.

Ermm the freight from stockton if it is the one im thinking off its fridays, but i may be wrong. it takes direct york sheffield line through pontefract moorthorpe then swinton and barrowhill loop.

TGVDUDE

Hello believe your going to hillsborough on 16th think we discussed it before?

Ermm freight i would suggest popping down to doncaster theres alot through there and also doncaster wabtec works. That is most interesting i can think of, also you got leeds midland road which youd pass on a service to woodlesford/wakefield kirkgate and beyond.
I will be volunteering at KWVR on 17th so watch out for the civil gang ill be in there as the only young one.

Ermm the freight from stockton if it is the one im thinking off its fridays, but i may be wrong. it takes direct york sheffield line through pontefract moorthorpe then swinton and barrowhill loop.

Thanks, yes its the same game :) if i see you ill say hello or something, i'm young with glasses and welsh accent! and I think ill do Doncaster at some point, for a few hours see what turns up, i think the scrap takes the route that i did on the Jorvic Growler last year, also if anyone is able to help if a test train is about i'd appreciate it :)

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Thanks, yes its the same game :) if i see you ill say hello or something, i'm young with glasses and welsh accent! and I think ill do Doncaster at some point, for a few hours see what turns up, i think the scrap takes the route that i did on the Jorvic Growler last year, also if anyone is able to help if a test train is about i'd appreciate it :)

Test trains go to that tours a special workings forum you'll either find a thread on it there or someone will know i think they run on a 4 weekly cycle but i cant find the thread right now.

Doncaster you want to do on a weekday if you can, much better. Not a bad run on EC down to doncaster too or a 321 if you feel like it i do quite like them so often do opposites either way. IT can be give or take you can see nothing or loads plus wabtect works obviously which can spring up a few suprises.

Yeah i think the scrap does run that route, it might run on saturday morning too.

I'll see if i spot you too. Hope ive helped i dont know it all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.