• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

You know you've had one beer too many when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Better than some of the biscuits intended for humans. (As a young kid, I liked to "try" things.......)
A long time ago, my wife worked with someone who'd worked at the Kattomeat factory in London who swore good quality steak went into those tins, and claimed to have eaten it too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gnolife

Established Member
You take the unnecessarily long way round when walking home or to somewhere else you need to be at. :lol:
Need =/= want - I've had plenty of times when stone cold sober, I've taken unnecessary diversions so that I can spend less ti.e at the destination

HOOVER29

you decide it's time to discover what dog biscuits taste like.

I had a bonio once & a few of those small chocolate drops that only dogs should have.
The dogs face was a picture as I tucked in.

and I wasn’t under the influence

Things you did when you were a nipper.

EveningStar

... arriving at Alnmouth on a latish train after an evening of too many sherbets in Newcastle, including a last cheeky swifty in the Centurion before boarding, only to find the memsahib is delayed in my lift home, bladder is reaching beyond capacity and the bushes on the other side of the car park are my only option ... only for the bushes to seemingly run away as I stagger over ...

najaB

Veteran Member
You know you've had one beer too many when... I realise I'm on the third one of the night. Two's enough for me most of the time.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
You try and chat up the barmaid who's 20 years younger than you!
I did something similar once (about 13 years ago now) because my mate told me I should ask for her number. She gave me it too!
When I plucked up the courage and phoned her a couple of days later she told me she was only 20 years old... Well I just didn’t think it was fair on her to inflict my ‘Just separated, two small children, nightmare ex, mid 30s’ nightmare life on the poor lass so I told at that she was really lovely and that she’d be better off being with someone her own age.
When I thought about it later I wondered if she thought “Oh great, and he’s saying no to me? Arrogant git!”

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I did something similar once (about 13 years ago now) because my mate told me I should ask for her number. She gave me it too!
When I plucked up the courage and phoned her a couple of days later she told me she was only 20 years old... Well I just didn’t think it was fair on her to inflict my ‘Just separated, two small children, nightmare ex, mid 30s’ nightmare life on the poor lass so I told at that she was really lovely and that she’d be better off being with someone her own age.
When I thought about it later I wondered if she thought “Oh great, and he’s saying no to me? Arrogant git!”
At my age you're happy to chat up the ones fifteen years older, if you can find any still working. Trouble is, you might get a clash of the zimmer frames.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
At my age you're happy to chat up the ones fifteen years older, if you can find any still working. Trouble is, you might get a clash of the zimmer frames.
That sounds like a great title for a film...

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
You have to delete posts you’ve made the next morning...

Established Member
You stop for a "quick one" at 22:00 and get chucked out at closing time!

AnthonyRail

Established Member
The next morning you bag up your expire transport book collection and donate yo charity shop only to go in there late afternoon and find some bargain books and buy it all back.

Thought I'd had read this book before...

Last edited:

farleigh

When you follow your mate home, bang on his door, he tells you basically to do one, you then on the way home fall through someone’s hedge and land back first in a rose bush & fall asleep in it oblivious to the pain.
Yeah - that is probably a sign

Status
Not open for further replies.