• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

You must stay at home as much as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
I do think the "stay in your bunker" mentality is directly proportional to IQ. This crisis has shown just how thick some people are.

A friend of a friend experienced Covid road rage yesterday at traffic lights - sitting in the car with her window slightly down, the masked-up idiot in the car alongside put her window down and lowered her mask to shout at her that her window should be closed because they weren't more than 2m apart, and proceeded to phone the police. The lights changed, everyone drove off apart from the no longer masked-up idiot sat there calling the police and no doubt posting about the incident to the Facebook Furloughs.
Seriously? Someone actually called the police for someone’s car window being open?

We’ve really lost it now!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DB

Some science/medical bod on the radio in the small hours was saying that we may have to live with this virus for decades. I would rather take my chance with returning to normal life than stay at home forever.

Surely that was always likely? Smallpox took nearly 200 years to eliminate even with a vaccine. Granted it would be much quicker now, but still likely to be at least years and quite possibly decades from a vaccine becoming available.

I respect people’s own choice to stay at home, but I do not respect people trying to impose restrictions on the rest of us who want to lead a normal life.

I agree, with the caveat that they they shouldn't continue to get furlough pay beyond a reasonable period (some time later in the year at the absolute latest) - with the execption of those with genuine medical conditions which put them at high risk.

Seriously? Someone actually called the police for someone’s car window being open?

Likely to be a lot of this over the next few weeks. Wonder how many police forces have taken on additional call handlers to deal with timewasters telling them that some bloke in Tesco / Sainsburys / Morrisons / B&Q / etc isn't wearing a mask?

talldave

Established Member

We’ve really lost it now!!
I know. And we have to live in a society "infected" with these idiots and a government pandering to their endless whining. I suppose what's sad is that people like that don't get their own stupidity - we're all going die if we don't wear masks 24/7 but I'll just remove mine to lecture you about it.

Pete_uk

Established Member
I would be interested in know how many 999 and 101 calls will be made regarding people not wearing face masks during tomorrow.

adc82140

Established Member
I hope such calls are treated with the contempt they deserve. How many of these people would call the police if they saw someone breaking the speed limit? That's more likely to kill someone than not wearing a mask.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Just been out in my local area (in Scotland), all the buses are still showing “Essential Travel Only - Stay at Home, Protect the NHS, Save Lives” scrolling on their destination screens, and there are posters with the same message on the bus stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.