• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

You will like this....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dai.

Established Member
So it's not just photographers and spotters that they harass it has turned into every person they see not following pathways as well and while they harass us, where are the terrorists?

Funny, I'm sure if police were stopping terrorists with their new amazing terrorist stopping powers, we'd get a better answer!

NSEFAN

Established Member
Didn't you know? It's a (government-approved) scientific fact that terrorists have a thing for walking down narrow streets in the middle of roads! Everyone knows that! :roll: :lol:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Is this anything to do with terrorism legislation, or just bureaucracy to say that he was stopped and asked to account for his actions?

Nonetheless, good on Woemar [sic] for not complying. Pedestrians are already treated as second class citizens in British cities and it's about time we reclaimed the streets!

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
I don't think it's anything to do with terrorism legislation, just that a copper is required to fill one out if he "stops" you - like for a quiet word.

Dai.

Established Member
I don't think it's anything to do with terrorism legislation, just that a copper is required to fill one out if he "stops" you - like for a quiet word.

I was highlighting -

Christian Wolmar said:
www.christianwolmar.co.uk I was handed a copy of the notice, together with a leaflet about ‘help us to defeat terrorism’

And the abuse of the terrorism acts on photographers being stopped.

Linking them in for the amusement values, obviously not that clear.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Dai - that doesn't mean he was stopped for terrorism. I get leaflets about double glazing, doesn't mean that I put double glazing in every time I get one!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It's actually the article that quite clearly mentions terrorism - read the last paragraph. But as I said in post #5, I don't think it is anything to do with terrorism on this occasion, merely the PC making up a non existant law that you can't walk on the roads (except where there is an order, adequately signed, stating otherwise) and then having to fill out a form stating that he stopped him and made him account for his actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.