Young Apprentice - This thread may contain spoiler information.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by transportphoto, 24 Oct 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. transportphoto

transportphoto Established Member Quizmaster

With the first episode of this new series now nearing a close, what do we think of it?

TP

Last edited: 24 Oct 2011
  2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. phil8715

phil8715 Member

A load of spoilt brats.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

4. ralphchadkirk

ralphchadkirk Established Member

TV manipulates more people to do silly things on a flimsy promise for out entertainment. Yawn.

5. transportphoto

Wheres the like button? [​IMG]

Mahamed Awale has been fired, the right decision? I don't know to be honest. James has been told to 'watch it'.

TP

6. Greenback

Greenback Emeritus Moderator

I enjoy the adult programme, but for some reason I hate the 'youth' version and so I don;t watch it.I don't know why I hate it so much, but I do. It's irrational, but there you are!

7. passmore

passmore Member

Where did you get that from? It's refreshing to see that not all the youth of today wants to loot a shop.

8. Nym

Nym Established Member

Do I need to remind the forum of the cross section of looters in London incuded high paid professionals?

Also, Young Apprentice is just as irritating as the adult version....

9. ralphchadkirk

ralphchadkirk Established Member

Young Apprentice, X Factor, Britons Got Talent, Apprentice etc etc. They're effectively the same thing; a load of people competing for a questionable prize. People are picked on the basis of who would make good TV, not their actual skills.

10. passmore

passmore Member

And need I remind you that many more highly-paid professionals didn't loot during the August riots?

I do agree that they only pick the candidates who make good TV, but whatever the means to justify the programme, you can't help but laud these candidates achievements. I only wish they would cut down a little on the bragging.

11. Hydro

Hydro Established Member

...and many more young people didn't loot either?

12. passmore

passmore Member

Or many more old people either, although I use the word 'old' with a pinch of salt :lol:. Anyway, sorry for taking the topic off the rails.

13. Chew Chew

Chew Chew Member

I thought wee Mahammed was going to cry when Alan Sugar pointed out how low his sales were.

The Irish lad James was a complete PITA, he's the kind of guy that you suspect has very few friends.

14. transportphoto

Sorry for the thread bump, but due to the nature of the programme it is inevitable!

I think the boys deserved to win, their idea was good, the only problem they face is you can't keep powder milk warm for long periods of time!

The girls came in and snatched the win with a 7500 unit order from Mothercare, their only order.

What do the other members who watched the programme tonight think?

TP

15. bb21

bb21 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Lost all my respect for Alan Sugar after the advent of Young Apprentice. Yeah, let's encourage them to be nasty to each other and stab each other in the back. It is fine as long as they save their own backs.

The show stinks. The adult version exposed the wrong side of human nature and the youth version is just purely pointless. Mr Sugar, how about running some classes and offer some real apprenticeship opportunities to the younger generation rather than milking it to fatten your own pockets? What do you expect those kids to learn from appearing in such a programme, apart from humiliating themselves in front of millions of viewers? Go figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.