• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Youngest female driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

the sniper

Established Member
Things are acceptable in this day and age but having a front line member of staff with tattoos on her hands really doesn't cut it for me. Just an opinion

Yeah, when I see someone with a small tattoo of a Welsh Highland Railway engine on their hand, I think 'there's trouble'. :roll:

And I'm sure like me you're sick in your mouth when you see a women with a Henna tattoo! ;)

Anyway, good luck to the girl. Also good to see in that BBC article that that Shauni O'Neill girl is now a driver on the Met. If I had to pick my favourite 'young attractive women working on the railway' story, she'd be my choice. :lol:

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Is there a good reason why you have to be 21 to be a train driver? This age limit appears to be at odds with the minimum ages to do many other jobs or drive other vehicles.

Dieseldriver

It's slightly off topic but I became an underground driver when I was 18, then started on my mainline driver training course with a TOC when I was 20, that must be unique?
Well done to this girl though, it is not an easy job to get into and she should be rightfully proud that she has got there!! Also nice when it's someone with a geniuine passion for the industry too!

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
It's slightly off topic but I became an underground driver when I was 18, then started on my mainline driver training course with a TOC when I was 20, that must be unique?

I don't think so, unusual but not unique, as anyone can start their training before twenty one but can't be passed out until your twenty first birthday (or something along those lines).

455driver

Veteran Member
Whats all the fuss about? So a 23 year old got a driving job, and?

Oh silly me its a female so its a big headline isnt it!

Equal rights my "bottom"!:roll:

Geargrinder

She has done very well to get the job, congratulations to her. If I get an interview with FTPE I'll be off to get a tattoo and buy a couple of Class 185 badges for my suit !

dave87016

Established Member
Good on her!! a female ( and very good looking) rail enthuiast is a very rare thing indeed , someone fancy putting in a word for me with her??? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.