• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your avatar (photographs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossover

Established Member
Mine is of a 185 at Scarborough station a few years ago.

Basically, I wanted something that wasn't from the forum stock of avatars, I rather like 185's and it was one of the only pictures of 185's I had (:shock: considering they are the local train!)

I do keep meaning to change it as I have another, better, picture of a 185 taken on the approach to Huddersfield on an unusually glorious day back in March.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Mine is not a railway one, but at least it is still a mode of transport!

Taken on 10th September 2002 on board flight BA002 from JFK to LHR on the way home at the end of our honeymoon.

Lrd

Established Member
Mine isn't a railway one either but is a mode of transport.

It's the Red Eagle coming round the corner that is Town Quay on her approach to Southampton, taken from Mayflower Park.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
I wanted to keep some nostalgic memories alive of relaxing mornings sitting on the terrace of one of the South Queensferry cafes sipping coffee. This was back in the days before the Forth Bridge was demolished to sustain the demand for one of the nation's greatest exports:-

irn-bru-best-brand-Forth_Bridge.jpg

Badger

I wanted to keep some nostalgic memories alive of relaxing mornings sitting on the terrace of one of the South Queensferry cafes sipping coffee. This was back in the days before the Forth Bridge was demolished to sustain the demand for one of the nation's greatest exports:-

View attachment 11717

Ever played San Andreas? :p

4281191171_fdff7e85fb_z.jpg

Scotrail84

Established Member
Mines was taken from the back cab one morning near Bridge Of Earn on the Ladybank-Perth branch.

LE Greys

Established Member
I'm another who uses his own pictures. They always have to be a Gresley-designed locomotive (L.E. Greys is an anagram of Gresley).

Currently it's Bittern (alias Dominion of New Zealand) approaching Halfpenny Bridge between Stevenage and Hitchin on a tour.

CC 72100

Established Member
It's the Red Eagle coming round the corner that is Town Quay on her approach to Southampton, taken from Mayflower Park.

Mayflower Park is also a great spot to watch some of the Cruise Ships leave from, which I did one day during a trip to Southampton :D (Didn't watch any of Raptor class leave, sorry :oops: )

My Avatar is currently 43186, with it being the Royal Jubilee just gone and all that. Before that, a couple of HSTs side-by-side at Exeter, and previously EMT 43052 at the head of an XC train at Exeter too.

Established Member
mine is non other than of 47403, although its not on that pic, it was named The Geordie, love 47's and that one's a personal fave, being it was based at Gateshead my home town and being a Geordie. Its not my photo, bit of plagerism im afraid to say/

Phil6219

Mine is of me standing by 55022 "Royal Scots Grey" at Dundee station on a very cold December in 2010.

We were the only train to run that far up due to the snow and it was a seriously long day but well worth it. It was one of the best tours I've ever done.

Phil 8-)

Masboroughlad

Established Member
Mine is on the East Lancashire Railway in mid-December 2010.

Not only did I love it when you could see where you were going on a train, this one had a driver that had his dog with him (out of view). Marvellous!

Established Member
Mine is 317501 (the first-built Class 317) at Cheshunt, a photo I took myself in Spring 2011.

Oswyntail

Established Member
Mine is a non-travel related one (unless it represents TOC Customer Awareness in some way). It is the engraving "Soul of a Flea" by William Blake, and a damned fine chappie he is too!

RPM

Established Member
Mine is a scan of a transfer for Gloucester Horton Road depot which is where I spent a lot of time hanging around and taking photographs when I was a youngster and years before I joined the railway.

Status
Not open for further replies.