• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your Bachman or Hornby wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bittern

Established Member
How good is Heljan's BRCW Type 2 and Clayton Type 1s? Wouldn't mind seeing Hornby and/or Bachmann try one.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Vulcan

How good is Heljan's BRCW Type 2 and Clayton Type 1s? Wouldn't mind seeing Hornby and/or Bachmann try one.

We don't need any more duplicates of models, its a total waste of manufacturer's time and efforts (which could be spent producing something more interesting). I think the Claytons are good now they've sorted the mechanism out.

Heinz57

The 222 was in the catalogue for both OO and N, but has gone quiet since the demise of Midland Mainline.

Thats a shame. It would be nice to see this model, they should still release it. Even if MML has gone.

There is an N gauge version avalible, but what about 00? Come on Bachmann!

atomicdanny

I can think of a few really!

a new version of the class 91 (Intercity / GNER / NXEC / East Coast)
Class 365 (3rd rail / Overhead) - NSE / Connex / WAGN / FCC
Class 465 - NSE / Connex / South Eastern
Class 375 / 377 - Southern / South Eastern / FCC
Class 421 - CIG - Several liveries!
Class 205

Vulcan

Thats a shame. It would be nice to see this model, they should still release it. Even if MML has gone.

There is an N gauge version avalible, but what about 00? Come on Bachmann!

Theres no N gauge 222. I also imagine theres all sorts of complications to getting permission for replicating the branding of a company that no longer exists, So I wouldn't expect a MML 221 in the near future.

The 158 Man

I also imagine theres all sorts of complications to getting permission for replicating the branding of a company that no longer exists, So I wouldn't expect a MML 221 in the near future.

From what I understand, it's easier to get permission to reproduce older liveries than it is new ones.

FlyingScot

over the last few days I have been thinking up ideas for my wishlist. Here it gos:
Hornby steam:
USA shunter in British Railways and Southern livery.
Stanier mogul in L.M.S and British Railways livery.
Bittern A4 locomotive with double tender.
Hornby diesel.
New highly detailed remake of the lima class 33. Liveries to be announced.Watch this space!

Vulcan

USA tank and S160 would be nice (in N preferably, get to it Dapol! :D). Not many livery options for the S160 though. As for Bittern, I'm sure Hornby will get round to it eventually. (or you could renumber and rename another A4 yourself, I'm sure the transfers and 'plates will be available somewhere.)
The Lima 33 is going to be re-released soon into Hornby's railroad range.

Fincra5

Established Member
Hopefully one day backmann will see sence and make a 377.

FlyingScot

The Lima 33 is going to be re-released soon into Hornby's railroad range.

But it's not super detailed. I was thinking stuff like grills and working headlights.
Also, here are the first liveries for the class 33: NSE, B.R. green and B.R. blue.

Bachmann Murphy models:
NCC rover tank no 4.
tara mines trucks.
Wexford express train set includes class 141 diesel, two orange and black composite coaches and a brake coach in the same colours.
Tara mines freight set includes class 141 in silver freight livery and three tara mine trucks.

Bittern

Established Member
How about a model of the new Track Laying Machine that's currently working on the A-B link? >_>

cravensrule

my wishlist its huge

hornby irish railcars

bachmann more irish locos 071 201 a and c class and maybe some steam locos
irish mk3 mk4 carraiges

nir railcars and mk2 carraiges

any rish frieght wagons

hstforever81

Class 411 4 Cep (Refurbished) in NSE
Class 412 4 Bep (Refurbished) in NSE
Class 442 Wessex Eletric in NSE
Class 421 4Cig in NSE
Class 119 DMU NSE & BR Blue & Grey
Class 117 DMU NSE & BR Blue & Grey
Class 101 DMU NSE
Class 205 / 206 / 207 Thumpers in NSE 3 car sets
Class 165/0 & 165/01 Network Turbo in NSE 2 and 3 car sets

trains2064

Bachmann class 150 2 or 3 car in blue network west midlands colour and a 150/2 in central green.

Also a 172 or 377.

d5509

From Bachmann; a revamp of those old Mainline LMS Period 1 corridors, adding more varieties - a full 3rd & single & double window open 3rds.

From Hornby; more Gresley corridors - end vestibule 3rd & brake 3rd, both compt & open, 2 car GWR railcar.

From either; a J17 and N7.

D6975

Established Member
my wishlist its huge

hornby irish railcars

irish mk3 mk4 carraiges

any rish frieght wagons

Mr Murphy already has 201s on the way with 071s and 121s to follow.
He's not let slip anything about wagons as yet, but I think things like cement bubbles are almost becoming inevitable.
The A might yet be a commision from Heljan via another Irish model shop.

FlyingScot

my wishlist its huge

hornby irish railcars

irish mk3 mk4 carraiges

any rish frieght wagons

Hopefully, bachmann will commission murphy models to make these, but with hornby, no chance mate.:(

Vulcan

Hopefully, bachmann will commission murphy models to make these, but with hornby, no chance mate.:(

Don't you mean Murphy Models to commission Bachmann? Still not likely to happen, there isn't that much of an Irish model railway scene to warrant that many brand new models.

fgwrich

Established Member
Don't you mean Murphy Models to commission Bachmann? Still not likely to happen, there isn't that much of an Irish model railway scene to warrant that many brand new models.

Actually - You Never know...And seeing as we’ve just had the release of a 141, 181, 071,121, Brand New 201, The Cravens Coaches, Irish Rail Mk2s & the RPSI Mk2s - Id hardly say at all that there isn’t as much of a market for Irish Railways as apposed to the standard UK rolling stock...Smaller yes, but hardly niche...

After all, Why would Bachmann be releasing a few Irish items into it's own Scenecraft range...as well as testing the market with the 158 repaint...set as a 2700 - After all, if it sells well enough, then that really could be the deciding vote for Bachmann to do it themselves...

* 141, 181, RPSI Mk2s produced by Bachmann, with the 071 & 121 Being a possibility too...Otherwise, the Cravens Coaches, 201, Irish Rail Mk2 Ds are produced in the Kader Factory - Same as manufacturer Bachmann’s, but Paddy Murphy's commission directly to Kader....

Hopefully, Bachmann will commission Murphy models to make these, but with Hornby, no chance mate.:(

Defiantly - But Hornbys decision is Hornbys decision and in the end it's their own loss - Hornby have made just about every excuse under the sun as to why they won't reproduce the ex Lima 201 - Maybe even as a Rail Road type model...

But, as the Kader/Bachmann/Murphy Models ventures continue - Hornby will only have itself to blame - They could have reproduced the 201, Same goes for Incorrect, but still plugging a gap in the market - Mk3s in IE Orange & Black...Lima did it for Paddy Murphy, so why can’t Hornby?

Would make a change for Hornby to stop acting as a toy company for once and take the ever changing markets more seriously! And that comes from someone who has spoken to Hornbys Marketing manager, Mr Simon Kohler several, several times!

Last edited:

Urban Gateline

Established Member
As some others have already mentioned:

Class 450 Desiro SWT
Class 444 Desiro SWT
Class 455 Refurb SWT

and pretty much any other SWT models bar the 170 and 159's that are available at the moment!

sprinterguy

Established Member
It’s quite satisfying to see that many of the long established gaps in diesel loco and DMU models have now been filled. The manufacturers should now be turning their attention to filling in the many gaps in EMU classes represented in model form, the selection of which is woefully sparse. Fortunately, the latest trends do seem to be progressing this way, with Hornbys’ VEP and “Javelin” models and Bachmanns’ EPB, CEP and class 350 models, but there is still a long way to go.

I would absolutely love to see Bachmann produce a 00 gauge model of the 323: There are now six different liveries to choose to model (Centro, GMPTE, North West Trains, First Group “swirl”, London Midland and Northern), so despite the restricted geographical application of these units that might restrict their appeal in model form, Bachmann could be sure that many different versions of the model could be produced and hence maximum value could be recouped from the cost of the completely new tooling that would be needed. If money was no object, I would probably be after five of the six different liveried units.

I’d also like to see a Bachmann class 180 now that some of the units finally wear a good looking livery in the form of Grand Centrals’ black and orange scheme: For some reason, I think such a model would sit very well alongside the Bachmann Midland Blue Pullman, which I will have a model of whenever it is finally released (With Bachmann’s track record, I’m not holding out much hope for a release date before 2013), even if I have to sell body parts to raise the necessary funds.

I’ve thought about it, and a class 455/7 in model form would actually be a fairly cheap win for Bachmann: The 455/7s are exceptionally similar in appearance to the 150/2s which Bachmann already produce, so with some alterations and additions to the detailing this would be a fairly easy conversion IMO. To be honest, I’m surprised that we aren’t hearing of more developments of models of the various mark 3 bodyshell based EMUs, given how standard the main bodyshell is for 150s, 317s, 318s, 319s and 321s alike. By the same token, I think a model of a Royal Mail Class 325 Electric Postal Unit would be incredible. I’d love to own one of those.

In a similar vein, surely it wouldn’t be too much skin off Hornbys’ back to produce a model of the class 442 “Wessex Electrics”? They already have an excellent range of mark 3 carriages. The main hurdles to overcome would be in the appearance of the vehicle ends, with the doors and toilet doors needing altering, coupled with entirely new tooling for the stylish cab ends on the driving vehicles and for the entire MBC vehicle. Given Hornbys’ resistance to developing further variants of their mark 3 carriages, evident with their dragging of heels regarding the production of the four window variant of the mark 3 catering vehicle and basic re-use of the Lima TGS vehicle with little alteration to match the Hornby designed carriages, this last point could be a major stumbling block. If Hornby could get the driving carriages and MBC vehicle right, I might even be happy with standard, technically inaccurate, NSE or SWT painted mk 3 TSO carriages acting as the other two coaches.

(Apologies, this has turned into a bit of an essay!)

Status
Not open for further replies.