• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your favourite livery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

starrymarkb

Established Member
It was only a one off, the final livery had yellow blue silver and a huge 'A' vinyl that went over the windows. The yellow was ditched from later repaints

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

whoshotjimmi

It has always been the case that a fundamentally good livery can be ruined by minor variations. First's Dynamic Lines livery looks incredible on the 170's, 185's, 165/6's and especially the 180's (hard pressed to find a better looking train and livery combination), but looks awful on the first capital connect fleet and the rest of the FGW fleet.

Grand central livery is very nice indeed. The removal of the orange stripe on the 180's would make them perfect.

The final version of the Northern livery is very stylish and looks good on whatever unit they are applied to (actually making pacers look rather desirable externally), though earlier versions of the livery left a lot to be desired (White and purple 156's anybody?). I would also not be too disappointed to lose the red/purple liveries from the Yorkshire EMU's.

I very much like London Midland livery - very smart - though it does not suit the Class 350 very well, again, probably due to the slight variation.

Cross Country livery has grown on me, but still looks better on the turbostars than the voyagers. It certainly does not suit the HST.

I personally was a massive fan of railfreight triple grey livery - a livery that has not been bettered on freight since.

Status
Not open for further replies.