• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your favourite livery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulcan

Oh? My story is also 'something I heard', I'm afraid.

So is mine!

Its probably one of these myths that has been built up over the years from things people have heard, like the various stories about people having to be balanced with pigs on the Listowel and Ballybunion monorail.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
I think it's in that horrid Connex livery which probably looked worn and dirty before it had even dried :|

Even though I quite like the 'Connex' liverys (Except the 'Networker' ones errr...) it always got dirty and did'nt wear well either and always looked tired and worn after a while.

But when new I thought it looked quite nice on the 'Slammers. :)

Last edited:

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Even though quite like the 'Connex' liverys (Except the 'Networker' ones errr...) it always got dirty and did'nt wear well either and always looked tired and worn after a while.

But when new I thought it looked quite nice on the 'Slammers. :)

I always thought Southern's two tone green looked rather nice on the slammers, although sadly it only managed to reach one VEP :(

Aictos

Established Member
Perhaps a new aspect to this would be your least favourite liveries?

I vote for Colas rail livery

Ah well 56312 in that horrible all over purple livery with bright green text, :(

The NX livery together with WAGN liveries.

Must say though the 365s in the NSE livery but with FCC branding was the best design at the time, pity no TOC does the same with one livery being used and just have a vinyl in the middle of the coach denoting the TOC which would have been a lot more smarter then some liveries currently in use ie East Midland Trains running 158s with Transpennine Express, Central Trains and East Midlands Trains logos/branding etc...

Would save so much money when franchise renewals come up as well, the same could apply for stations with one basic design used for InterCity, NSEn :)

Established Member
Apity no TOC does the same with one livery being used and just have a vinyl in the middle of the coach denoting the TOC which would have been a lot more smarter then some liveries currently in use ie East Midland Trains running 158s with Transpennine Express, Central Trains and East Midlands Trains logos/branding etc...

Scotrail are in the process of doing so.

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
I always thought Southern's two tone green looked rather nice on the slammers, although sadly it only managed to reach one VEP :(

Did'nt the 'Southern' livery get on some CIGs too? I am sure I saw a couple of them in the livery.

I have been looking at the last Class 411 CEP being used on the SE before withdrawl, it had funny enough just been transferred from SWT and it's paintwork was in a very bad state (Look on the SEG site for more pics of it). :)

Although I do quite like the old SWT livery on CIGs, VEPs, & CEPs it suited them very well.

Last edited:

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
I always thought the NSE livery looked very dated, even when it was new

Actually both types of NSE 'Toothpaste' look quite modern for its day and even in the 2000s when it was still on some units it looked a standerd livery and did'nt look an old fashioned livery at-all (Look at the Class 465s in Phase 2 toothpaste from the early 1990s).

poshbakerloo

Very very nice looking MK3!!!

800px-N_Mark_IIIA_TSO_12127.JPG

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Actually both types of NSE 'Toothpaste' look quite modern for its day and even in the 2000s when it was still on some units it looked a standerd livery and did'nt look an old fashioned livery at-all (Look at the Class 465s in Phase 2 toothpaste from the early 1990s).

I think this is ok...

800px-465034_at_Waterloo_East.JPG

I never liked this tho...

Too many lines, it dates things a lot, just like the old Virgin livery did...
800px-317345_at_Cambridge.jpg

Last edited:

Fincra5

Established Member
I think the class 423s looked very good in the Southern Livery.

ec_3514.jpg

MCR247

Established Member
Is that a blue rectangle on the doors? wtf? Randomest thing ever on a livery I have seen

Status
Not open for further replies.