• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your favourite photography location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where is your favourite location for your railway photography?

My favourite location is Dawlish. Being just under 20 miles away from where I live I very often drive to Dawlish. For me the best bit is including the seafront in the photo.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

k1b0

Where is your favourite location for your railway photography?

My favourite location is Dawlish. Being just under 20 miles away from where I live I very often drive to Dawlish. For me the best bit is including the seafront in the photo.
Dawlish is that one dream spot, especially with rough seas. Alas I'm all but at the other end of the M5.

Bevan Price

Established Member
For scenery (UK), my favourite locations are in the Hope Valley, especially around Edale, Hope & Bamford.
Next would probably be around Hebden Bridge or Smithy Bridge on the Calder Valley line.
For frequency of visits, and convenience from home, probably Winwick, where I can sit in a car, emerging when I see a train approaching. Sadly. many other locations have been spoilt for photography by fences, vegetation, raised bridge parapets and/or overhead wiring.

Class360/1

I have several favourite locations to take photos- end of platform one Sudbury, half way down platform 2 wivenhoe, end of platform 3 marks tey

ac6000cw

Established Member
My usual nearby haunts:

Westerfield and Trimley on the Felixstowe branch.
Ipswich station.
Ely - the 1/2 mile or so north of the 2nd river bridge from the station, where you can photograph both sides of the line from public footpaths, including having the cathedral in the background if desired.

Outside the UK - just about anywhere with decent mountain scenery when it's not raining - Tehachapi Pass in California is probably my favourite, usually dry, busy, beautiful golden colours at sunrise/sunset and with endless photo angles. Anywhere in the Swiss Alps is probably equal favourite.

ComUtoR

Established Member
Inside a train or a physically close to it a possible

Status
Not open for further replies.