• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your Favourite Train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

voyagerdude220

Established Member
What are Pendos like in SC?

I've only travelled on Pendos in FC before, and thing that the weekday service is great! :smile:

Is it me, or do the radio's on the Pendos seem to be turned off most of the time?

kvbham

But who uses the radio's these day - most people have iPods / MP3 players/ or their phone.

P156KWJ

Established Member
My faves...
EMUs -- 465s, 360s, any class 4XX CIGs or VEPs etc.
DMUs -- 156s, 142s, 185s
DEMUs -- 222s (not voyagers!!!) or class 205s
Locos -- Valentas, 37s, 47 duffs, 59/66s
:D

class 313

Established Member
no, they are class 43s! they run like DMUs, but you could run an HST set with 1x class 43 and a rake of coaches

I'd like to see that, as thumpers could do the same with one driving cab with an engine with one middle trailer and a un powered cab...

HST's were built as DEMU. So yeah.

T

Tom

I'd like to see that, as thumpers could do the same with one driving cab with an engine with one middle trailer and a un powered cab...

HST's were built as DEMU. So yeah.

But, has a thumper driving car ever run on its own on the mainline? A single class 43 has...

Established Member
Diesel Loco: 37's (Obviously)
Electric Loco: 87
DMU: 142's (Brilliant on bolted track!)
EMU: 350
Coach: Mk 2a (I think they more comfortable than a Mk1, but still have the toplights!)

petethetim

Why I think people class HSTs as DEMU is because A Loco can preform a multitude of tasks & duties when is the last time you seen a Class 43 power car on a freight liner or a shunt , were as they can only be used with the rest of the stock from there consist

Status
Not open for further replies.