• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your favourite tube line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Not all of it. Some of the Zone 1 stations have guards during peak hours. I know Holborn does.

Those aren't guards they're station staff performing dispatch duties and I don't think they even give the driver any signals.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Those aren't guards they're station staff performing dispatch duties and I don't think they even give the driver any signals.

Oh :L well in that case no there aren't any then as I'm sure these dispatchers are the only staff on the platform, unless there's something I've missed but then again I don't live in London and use the tube so I wouldn't know.

The Platform Edge Doors on the Jubilee line are fantastic, from a ventilation, safety and aesthetic (trivial I know) point of view.

I would like to see them at all underground stations (by which I mean sub surface), hadn't thought about the train door combinations - would it be that hard? Are there any other stRions/lines that could be done?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
They are not dispatch duties, it is known as 'Sats' (Station Assistant Train Services) and the purpose is entirely for dwell time management. The Train Operator retains entirely responsible for closing the doors at an appropriate and safe moment and checking the train.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
They are not dispatch duties, it is known as 'Sats' (Station Assistant Train Services) and the purpose is entirely for dwell time management. The Train Operator retains entirely responsible for closing the doors at an appropriate and safe moment and checking the train.

Thanks, that's what I thought they did I just didn't know the name for it all :)

Lrd

Established Member
What Guard? The Underground is 100% DOO isn't it?
I wasn't talking about the underground, I was making a hypothetical "idea" that we could have screens set back from the platform edge on NR, I was replying to the post before mine that stated all the various carriage lengths/door positions on NR, and I suggested another option.

Perhaps I should have quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.