• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your favourite.....

What is your favourite HST livery of all time?

• Intercity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Midland Mainline Old Colours

• Virgin Trains (includes Cross Country logo)

• First Great Western (both styles)

• Network Rail New Measurement Train

• Midland Mainline New Colours

• Cotswold Rail Grey

• Cotswold Rail Red with Hornby Branding

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

southy39

i voted for First Great Western cos its evolved from the GWR livery to fag packet and has evolved itnot the "barbie" livery that is so common to us all... because FGW hst sets are rarely never used on other services if ever... i mean i saw a picture of a New MML liveried HSt set on hire to virgin with the MML logo stil in sight and in which case if your not a rail enthusiast you wouldnt know it was your service unless you can see the tiny little sticky labels in the windows...

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Mod notice: Please keep this thread on topic. Puberty is not related in any way to the livery of a HST and therefore is not suitable for discussion in this thread.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Even though I voted for the Virgin XC livery (around a week or two ago) , I've personally changed my mind to Intercity.

What are other people's thoughts on the IC, or VXC livery?

Happy Christmas
Ian, back from the 1S78 14:45 Bridgwater to Glasgow C

Techniquest

Veteran Member
southy39 said:
i voted for First Great Western cos its evolved from the GWR livery to fag packet and has evolved itnot the "barbie" livery that is so common to us all... because FGW hst sets are rarely never used on other services if ever... i mean i saw a picture of a New MML liveried HSt set on hire to virgin with the MML logo stil in sight and in which case if your not a rail enthusiast you wouldnt know it was your service unless you can see the tiny little sticky labels in the windows...

FGW HSTs have been up somewhere near Stoke a while ago. Never saw it myself, was on Traction 2004.

Re: voyagerdude220's query on thoughts on the VXC livery, I don't mind it as such, but it's not my favourite livery by far. It does rank above 'one' and Northern though.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
FGWFan said:
southy39 said:

FGW HSTs have been up somewhere near Stoke a while ago. Never saw it myself, was on Traction 2004.

Re: voyagerdude220's query on thoughts on the VXC livery, I don't mind it as such, but it's not my favourite livery by far. It does rank above 'one' and Northern though.

Well I've seen a full FGW HST set in Manchester Piccadill, forming one of the MML Rio services before.

Sprog

Established Member
Correct..MML hired a fGW 'fag packet' set for a few days last year to cover on Rio duties..........

Status
Not open for further replies.