• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your favourite.....

What is your favourite HST livery of all time?

• Intercity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Midland Mainline Old Colours

• Virgin Trains (includes Cross Country logo)

• First Great Western (both styles)

• Network Rail New Measurement Train

• Midland Mainline New Colours

• Cotswold Rail Grey

• Cotswold Rail Red with Hornby Branding

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlexS

Established Member
Think the Virgin Trains livery was an excellent livery on pretty much everything it touched - best livery the 87s ever carried, certainly. Suited the HST sets nicely. BR Blue/Yellow/Grey was also great - can't wait for the set at Oxley to be finished.

Julian G

Established Member
Intercity livery was the best of all
I especially liked that Swallow livery :P

Sprog

Established Member
Both fGW liveries suit the HST very well IMO :D

Guinness

Established Member
Virgin Trains. It was Plain and Simple. Suited all most anything Loco Hulled.

joy54.gen

GNER livery, that shade of blue makes the fleet look real smart and the red stripe even better.

Met Driver

Established Member
joy54.gen said:
GNER livery, that shade of blue makes the fleet look real smart and the red stripe even better.

Quite. It's one of the few post-privatisation liveries which are actually pleasing to look at, IMO.

Angus

I voted for Intercity - the Swallow livery was by far the best livery I have ever seen on any train. It would be interesting to see if you can arrange the poll so that people can rank the livery options 1 to 10. I would put:

1. Intercity
2. GNER
3. BR blue/grey
4. MML old colours
5. MML new colours
6. Cotswold Rail silver
7. NR NMT yellow
8. CR Hornby
9. Virgin Trains
10. FGW

The original Great Western Trains livery was excellent, the FGW green that followed was pretty good and FGW pink/purple is hideous. I like GNER dark blue/red because it looks smart and I particularly like the old-style coat of arms on each coach - so much better than a tacky modern company logo. BR blue/grey was smart and attractive, MML old colours suited the HST well, new colours are also good (but loco and coaches look like they're in different liveries), CR silver isn't bad but it doesn't look as good as on the Class 47s, the rest are OK but nothing special.

Simming

GNER, then fag packet

better still, blackey/rust after some scrap merchants just had fun with a Oxy-Acetylene Torch

whats orange and looks good on hst's?

fire!

Guinness

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
Are we talking the new or old Virgin livey as i like the old one yet hate the new one!?

How many HSTs wore the new liverly? ;)

Old ;)

Chris

Heh Heh!

I wonder if the poll result will reflect the average age of forum members and show how old some of us are?!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
This poll will reflect regional loyalties, that's for sure, as well as age and which liveries we've all experienced.

For the record, I'm actually stuck what to root for. FGW's liveries are ones I experience most of the time, apart from ATF. I will say, however, that MML old and GNER rank at the bottom of my list. MML new comes above those, with the original BR livery on HSTs next.

I guess I can't choose one livery, but my Top Three are:

- FGW Fag Packet, 'White Ender' (seen in my avatar currently on MSN), current and 'Lightning' (it's four liveries there, but it's all under one TOC, so counts here as one choice)

- BR Intercity Swallow

- Old VT livery. Suited the HSTs nicely, the LHCS too. Damn I miss that livery.

Jim

Established Member
Intercity, lovely with the swallow :D IMO, it was a real HST livery, made them look smart, as well as VXC, but IC gets the vote

I must admit FGWFan, the 'Fag Packet' livery was BEAST on the coaches, not so much the 43, I prefered the white 'Barbie' on that.

Nothing beats an HST except a 37 IMO, (that is eft anyway)

Angus

I suspect that most of the people who voted for Swallow grew up with BR sectorisation like me (and how I miss those days of IC125s and Class 58s... :cry:).

Coxster

Established Member
What about the West Woast 'Battleship' ones that were used by IC for Blackpool North and Holyhead services (not that anyone would vote for it)!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Aureol said:
Ok then mate.
Could you enter First Great Western into the poll please, unless you've already done so.

Did so, just wanted to post before I voted, that way it'd help me decide what to vote for I guess.

Jim

Established Member
Angus said:
I suspect that most of the people who voted for Swallow grew up with BR sectorisation like me (and how I miss those days of IC125s and Class 58s... :cry:).

I grew up PROPER in the flying Fag packet days (I was 6)

Jikm

Status
Not open for further replies.