• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your Teenage Celebrity Crush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley Hill

Established Member
From Diana Dors,Suzi Quattro to Rhianna. Or Elvis,David Essex and Jason Donovan most of us probably had a teenage crush on someone famous. Who was yours?

Mine was Kim Wilde. My room was festooned with posters of her fighting for space between the train pictures. I still like her now. She can come and dig over my garden anytime.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

flymo

Established Member
Clare Grogan from Altered Images. Oh my what an absolutely gorgeous lady she was and still is !!. Wonder if I still have a chance ?? hahaha.

Howardh

Established Member
Olivia Newton John before Grease, and Arsenal footballer Marinello. Alan of Thunderbird 4 was a cutie...
Still have celebrity crushes, step forward one Kate Mcann, the Sky news politics reporter!!

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I’m with my teenage crush.
(Although I didn’t know her at the time)

baz962

Established Member
Mind you , I wasn't quite a teenager in 1981 but Cheryl Baker . Gotta love that routine in Buck's fizz where she had her skirt pulled off to reveal a mini skirt.

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
From Diana Dors,Suzi Quattro to Rhianna. Or Elvis,David Essex and Jason Donovan most of us probably had a teenage crush on someone famous. Who was yours?

Mine was Kim Wilde. My room was festooned with posters of her fighting for space between the train pictures. I still like her now. She can come and dig over my garden anytime.

A personal memory of Kim Wilde…

I remember growing up in Sheffield in the early 1980s, on the cusp of puberty, I had two major crushes – the unattainable Kim Wilde off Top Of The Pops and a lovely girl by the name of Rebecca in my class.

After taking months to pluck up the courage I eventually got round to asking Rebecca out and was turned down – she said she already had a boyfriend, who I later learned from a friend was a chap called Hal who was in the year above us.

Time moved on and some years later I read in one of those celebrity magazines that Kim Wilde had got married and when I saw the wedding photos, I was amazed to find her new husband was Hal, the same guy who’d whisked Rebecca away from me when I was at school!

So not only had bloody Hal Fowler stolen my teenage school crush, he’d also gone on to marry my celebrity crush as well! I’ve never forgiven him….

MarkyT

Established Member
Showing my age: Kate Bush on Magpie in February 1978, the month of my 13th birthday. The song blew me away and I was completely smitten...
(sorry about the quality but its the only recording online of the particular performance)
Another much better contemporary recording of her very first ever TV appearance, in Germany, and with a railway connection (venue was an old railway depot in Koeln) is here:

DelW

Established Member
Millicent Martin on TW3, wearing a miniskirt and sitting on a high stool . Those were the days :)

matacaster

On Moderation
Olivia Newton John before Grease, and Arsenal footballer Marinello. Alan of Thunderbird 4 was a cutie...
Still have celebrity crushes, step forward one Kate Mcann, the Sky news politics reporter!!

Kate McCann - oh yes

SteveP29

Sarah Greene on Blue Peter

+1 My dad always without fail, every episode used to say 'what the bloody hell is she wearing?' in response to her 'wacky' fashion sense.

My music favourites were always Bananarama, especially Sarah and Siobhan.
I still think they're both hot as, and over time, I've grown to appreciate Keren too.

In the acting world Carrie Fisher always did it for me, she also shared my birthday, was devastated when she married the midget otherwise known as Paul Simon, never forgave him.
Cried for only the second time over a celebrity when she died (the other was Lemmy)

Status
Not open for further replies.