• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your top ten favourite tube stations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
I gather Bermondsey has a lovely control room operator and an even better station supervisor.

DavyCrocket

I gather Bermondsey has a lovely control room operator and an even better station supervisor.

I wouldn't say lovely. Tolerable is a more reliable term I think, and it is just across the road from the original Blackwall Fire Station from London's Burning.

Earl's Court does have a Signalling Museum. :lol:

Tom B

Established Member
As for that Euston Square SS - dodgy character or what eh??

But perhaps it should be Earls Court because of the noble company upstairs in the control room ;).

Andrew Tiffin

Here are my top ten tube stations.

10. London Charing Cross
9. Green Park
8. King's Cross St. Pancras
7. Embankment
6. London Euston
5. Gloucester Road
4. Finsbury Park
3. Elephant & Castle
2. London Victoria
1. Bank

DavyCrocket

Here are my top ten tube stations.

10. London Charing Cross
9. Green Park
8. King's Cross St. Pancras
7. Embankment
6. London Euston
5. Gloucester Road
4. Finsbury Park
3. Elephant & Castle
2. London Victoria
1. Bank

But why those?

Andrew Tiffin

I chose London Charing Cross as Number 10 because the Underground symbol should be removed and replaced with a Way out, Northern line sign and National Rail sign. Green Park as Number 9 should have the Underground symbol removed and become more accessible and have PEDs for the Jubilee line platforms. King's Cross St. Pancras as Number 8 should be refurbished like the Circle, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan line platforms. Embankment as Number 7 should be best for bakery stores. London Euston as Number 6 should be refurbished like the Charing Cross branch platforms. Gloucester Road as Number 5 should be having the Piccadilly line Underground symbol removed. Finsbury Park as Number 4 is because of the mosiac ballons on the Piccadilly line platforms. Elephant & Castle as Number 3 because the Northern line Underground symbol must be removed. London Victoria as Number 2 because it can get very busy there. Bank as Number 1 because I get off there for the DLR.

D306

Established Member
King's Cross St. Pancras as Number 8 should be refurbished like the Circle, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan line platforms. Embankment as Number 7 should be best for bakery stores. London Euston as Number 6 should be refurbished like the Charing Cross branch platforms.
They currently are redoing the ceiling, walls and floor from the tube area as you read this. I know, as I passed through Kings Cross on Friday

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I chose London Charing Cross as Number 10 because the Underground symbol should be removed and replaced with a Way out, Northern line sign and National Rail sign. Green Park as Number 9 should have the Underground symbol removed and become more accessible and have PEDs for the Jubilee line platforms. King's Cross St. Pancras as Number 8 should be refurbished like the Circle, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan line platforms. Embankment as Number 7 should be best for bakery stores. London Euston as Number 6 should be refurbished like the Charing Cross branch platforms. Gloucester Road as Number 5 should be having the Piccadilly line Underground symbol removed. Finsbury Park as Number 4 is because of the mosiac ballons on the Piccadilly line platforms. Elephant & Castle as Number 3 because the Northern line Underground symbol must be removed. London Victoria as Number 2 because it can get very busy there. Bank as Number 1 because I get off there for the DLR.

What's all this about removing London Underground roundels everywhere?

Gizmogle

Established Member
I too am confused.

Seconded.

"I like this tube station cause it should have the logo removed"?

I like Euston and Waterloo, because they're the two stations I go back and forth from.

There are others I've seen that are really nice, but I can never remember the names. Everything around zone 1 tends to be quite average though.

thefab444

Established Member
Waterloo and Paddington, those are the stations I can get off at to get home (eventually(!) in the case of Paddington).

Gizmogle

Established Member
Last time I was at Paddington, I had to walk a bloody mile to find the H&C line from the NR platforms :p

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Gizmogle said:
Last time I was at Paddington, I had to walk a bloody mile to find the H&C line from the NR platforms :p

Last time I was at Paddington I managed to find myself on the "paid" side of the H&C line ticket barriers without going through any ticket barriers myself. I was extremely confused.

Gizmogle

Established Member
[hint]walk onto the over bridge.[/hint]

Well, there were plenty of entrances scattered around the platforms and concourse, but they all seemed to be closed.

After following the signs for a good 5-10 minutes. I finally got there to find that there were delays and had to wait another 10 minutes for the train!

Sturdjos

:D

My top 10 stations (in no particular order):
Westminster - clean
Whitechapel - reminds me when I had my first tube journies when I was a little kid
White City - lots of 92s!
Mile End - no idea why
King's Cross St Pancras - big interchange, interesting section of stock if you wander around the LUL / Mainline stations. Also a short walk from St Pancras too!
Stanmore - seems like a nice area
Epping - likewise
Liverpool St - where I get home from
Victoria - nice area
Edgware Road - no idea, just have always liked the place

Status
Not open for further replies.