• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your top ten Piccadilly line stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Tiffin

What are your top ten Piccadilly line stations? Here are my top ten.

10. Holborn
9. King's Cross St. Pancras
8. Gloucester Road
7. Arsenal
6. Bounds Green
5. Earl's Court
4. Piccadilly Circus
3. South Kensington
2. Green Park
1. Heathrow Terminal 5, opening 27th March 2008.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D306

Established Member
exactly. It's like me saying that I've driven a 395 before they came to the country. You can't say it's brilliant unless you've been to it to see it.

Dave A

I'm in agreement with Andrew about T5! It is the best... but only because we're running it! ;)

Established Member
Why is some tubeshack so good, what makes it good, to me they are just a draughty platform with a tunnel each end. i don't see the attraction, not a rant i am just curious as to why you like them???

Why is some tubeshack so good, what makes it good, to me they are just a draughty platform with a tunnel each end. i don't see the attraction, not a rant i am just curious as to why you like them???

What, even the ones that play you music and spray air freshener around. that is hellfire, surely you must rate them! :shock::shock::?: :roll:

[/sarcasm]

Established Member
What, even the ones that play you music and spray air freshener around. that is hellfire, surely you must rate them! :shock::shock::?: :roll:

[/sarcasm]

I'll pose the question to M Dodd, see what he has to say, living at one and all that. 8-)

Juniper Driver

Established Member
I rarely travel on the tube so my most favourite station probably is Walthamstow Central.

I really thought the Piccadilly Line was an awful line.I almost missed my plane to Hong Kong because of this and after this experience I started using the Heathrow Express.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I like the announcements at Cockfosters and Oakwood.

"Piccadilly line. The next service to Hatton Cross & Heathrow departs platform 3."
"Piccadilly line. The train now approaching is for Uxbridge."

332 > 444

I'm in agreement with Andrew about T5! It is the best... but only because we're running it! ;)

You mean the SOAs are , we shall be looking at them through the glass:!: No doubt ill take a wander to their section.

Arsenal is the best station IMO.:D

1D53

Established Member
1. Piccadilly
2. Piccadilly
3. Piccadilly
4. Piccadilly
5. Piccadilly
6. Piccadilly
7. Piccadilly
8. Piccadilly
9. Piccadilly
10. Piccadilly

Nym

Established Member
In no perticular order:

Hatton cross: Got a job near there, can see the cargo terminal of heathrow and stuff...
Green Park: Change there to get to the homeward bound trains
Kings Cross St P: As above
Cockfosters: No reason, just think the name is funny ;)

DavyCrocket

No-one at work ever says Cockfosters! Just the first four! Sometimes we Arnos (never Arnos Grove) is also pronounced differently

Down Street disused is interesting, as is Dover Street, the platforms of which are now Green Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.