• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Youtube videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

starrymarkb

Established Member
Just out of interest, what sort of railway videos do you watch on youtube?

Do you prefer rare movements, foreign traction, "oMgToNeZ", unusual angles/locations or the usual spots/angles.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lukeobrien02

well i am on you tube and i find that heritage is a good source of veiws
also new train that have recently come into service eg S stock london underground

i hope this gives you more ideas

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I like to look at the older things such as pre-1968 steam, 1950s SR units, real red Underground trains...

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I try and look out for older, more unusual stuff that I wasn't able to experience myself. No offence intended to those filming excellent videos at the moment, they'll be a fantastic historical record once things have changed.

Occasionally, I've accidentally stumbled into the "oMgToNeZ" type of video. The things I've seen in that type of video annoy me so much. And sometimes I wonder why the public perceive enthusiasts as odd... :roll:

HST Power

Established Member
I only really use YouTube for reviews. For example, when I bought Railworks, or when I am considering an app for my Iphone, I check it on YouTube to see what the tech people are saying about it! That way, I don't just end up wasting my money, and filling up uneccesary space on my devices!

starrymarkb

Established Member
I usually check out videos on the MHR to make sure I'm not on them!

Oh I've been in a few - mostly arms or back of head in gig crowds :) I don't have a problem with such things unless I am specifically singled out. Crowd scenes/background I don't have issue with

Status
Not open for further replies.