• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

YP minimum fares on Rovers/Rangers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutter

Simple question. As I've brought the rover with a YPR, can i use it before 10am (T&C's of the YPR) or is it 9am with the rover?

I'm coming either way, i just dont fancy gettin told the rover is invalid due to the use of the YPR.

I'm due in new street at about 09:55 btw

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Simple question. As I've brought the rover with a YPR, can i use it before 10am (T&C's of the YPR) or is it 9am with the rover?
https://www.atoc.org/retail/_downloads/NFM/sectionf.pdf page F3, seems to suggest that there is no minimum fare for Rovers.

In the minimum fare table, it does not appear to state rovers (unless any of those codes mean rovers - anyone more familiar with the codes may be able to confirm).

The only reference I can see to rovers is 'Discounts are also available on most Rail Rover Tickets'

Therefore it is reasonable to assume there is no MIN fare.

However, it is probably best to buy the day before in case you get a jobsworth who makes the rules up as they go along at your local ticket office.

Mushroom

I use YP rangers regularly, from what I've been told by the guys at telford is that the same restrictions apply to the Rover with YP as the full fare. i.e. after 0930. This maybe incorrect but its never caused me any problems

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I use YP rangers regularly, from what I've been told by the guys at telford is that the same restrictions apply to the Rover with YP as the full fare. i.e. after 0930. This maybe incorrect but its never caused me any problems

I've used WMDRs in the past, valid after 0900. No minimum fare for it AFAIK, but it is around £14 before discounts, so should pose no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.