• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Z2 to Luton Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarq

Apologies if this has been covered before, I tried a search but couldn’t find anything.

I want to travel from an LU station in Zone 2 to Luton Airport; taking the tube to Blackfriars and changing onto Thameslink to Luton Airport and then changing for the shuttle bus.

Is it cheaper to use contactless for the tube and paper ticket from London Thameslink to Luton Airport or is it cheaper to use contactless all the way? I’ll be travelling on a Sunday.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

greatkingrat

Established Member
If you have a railcard it is cheaper to split, otherwise the through contactless fare is cheaper.

tarq

If you have a railcard it is cheaper to split, otherwise the through contactless fare is cheaper.

Thank you! How much is the fare? I’ve tried to use single fare finder but it doesn’t seem to work when I use Luton Airport and my Z2 station as the destination.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Using Bermondsey as an example:

Bermondsey - Luton Airport on contactless £15.90 peak or £12.30 off peak

Bermondsey - London Bridge on contactless £2.40
London Bridge - Luton Airport paper ticket £15.90 Anytime Single (there is no off peak fare on weekdays but there is a super off peak single at weekends costing £11)

You can purchase a through paper ticket from Zone U12 London to Luton Airport costing £17.70

If you are catching the shuttle bus from station to the airport then you need to pay separately for the bus fare (I think it's £2.40 single) however you can buy a through paper tickets to Luton Airport. The add on is £2.

I would use contactless throughout and pay for the bus separately unless you can use a railcard.

causton

Established Member
Thank you! How much is the fare? I’ve tried to use single fare finder but it doesn’t seem to work when I use Luton Airport and my Z2 station as the destination.

Try LTFares - it seems to work for a random station I picked - Stratford DLR:

Status
Not open for further replies.