• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Zagreb to Austria/Vienna - not available online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SF-02

I can find tickets from Vienna or Graz to Zagreb online no problems at Austrian railways site, but no returns at all. I thought in the past I had seen some.

Am I wrong and do I have to buy at the station, and is it the same cheap price as online?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Groningen

Established Member
For 87 euro's i see Sparschiene Kroatien (Croatia), but underneath it say no homeprinting possible. The normal price seems to be 234 euro's what is a total high price if you ask me.

DEE-DE

Are you booking this as a return? And if so, is the time period 15 days or less? It can be a problem when you get a separate ticket for the return. The Croatians won't be able to check your e-ticket. I know with DB it's possible if the return is on the same ticket as the outward trip. Because then you've already got all the stamps from the outward trip and you will no longer be able to cancel the ticket.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
loco2 is offering Zagreb-Vienna on IC158 (day train) for £43.50.
This is a fully flexible ticket so must be the global fare.

SF-02

Its 29 euros the other way, so that's still a bit of a mark up it would seem.

Groningen

Established Member
That IC 158/159 is i believe the only direct connection between Zagreb and Vienna (Wien).

dutchflyer

Established Member
You Brits have to learn that national boundaries determine who may sell the tickets-not what company is written on the side of wagons. After all an Austrian stamp will also not be accepted when sending a postcard from Hrvatska to Österreich (thats Croatia to Austria). Yes, there are some exceptions to that now, but in East Europe often old habits die hard. A neutral comp. like loco2 etc. can go around this-but only if the state-entity allows it to. State rail companies respect this mostly still. After all trains are not like planes-certainly not for ticketing+fare issues.
The overnight trains to/fro Croatia (also those from Múnchen/DE) are very, very often complained about as not being bookable online.

Status
Not open for further replies.