• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Zillertal Bahn

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestRiding

In the summer we will be stopping a couple of weeks at Zell am Ziller on the narrow gauge Zillertal Bahn. We want to visit a few places by rail while there, Kitzbuhel been one. Is it possible to purchase through tickets from stations on the Zillertal to stations on the OBB? Or would it have to be done through seperate tickets? Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Both places are in Tirol which has its regional transport authority, so its an integrated system but not the Achenseebahn).http://www.vvt.at

They do a weekly ticket for is €58.80. Bear in mind, though, that places like Krimml and Zell am See are outside Tirol.

For the Oebb section only, check out the Einfach-Raus group ticket which is about €40 for 2-5 people, regional trains only, after 9am M-F.

Last edited:

furnessvale

Established Member
Anyone with an FIP card be careful.

Admittedly some years ago, I went to the ticket window at Jenbach and asked if FIP was accepted. They said yes, and sold me discounted tickets.

On the train, the gripper refused to accept it. He also refused to excess me up to full fare but demanded that I purchase new full fare tickets for me and the wife.

When I returned home I wrote to the company but did not even have the courtesy of a reply.

cactustwirly

Established Member
I managed to get through tickets from Mayrhofen to Innsbruck a few years ago

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
It's a good line to do, steam hauled sometimes too. I did it at Christmas.:D

Blinder

I managed to get through tickets from Mayrhofen to Innsbruck a few years ago

Yes, Mayrhofen is in the TCV fare book and tickets can be issued to/from any main station.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Anyone with an FIP card be careful.

Admittedly some years ago, I went to the ticket window at Jenbach and asked if FIP was accepted. They said yes, and sold me discounted tickets.

On the train, the gripper refused to accept it. He also refused to excess me up to full fare but demanded that I purchase new full fare tickets for me and the wife.

When I returned home I wrote to the company but did not even have the courtesy of a reply.

Zillertal Bahn are not part of the FIP agreement, so FIP cards are not valid

furnessvale

Established Member
Zillertal Bahn are not part of the FIP agreement, so FIP cards are not valid

I know that now, but as you can read in my post, I asked and they said yes.

They then proceeded to take TWO lots of money off me and did not have the courtesy to respond when queried.

If I had not had my wife with me I would have been tempted to face it out on the train and see where it went.

Blinder

I know that now, but as you can read in my post, I asked and they said yes.

They then proceeded to take TWO lots of money off me and did not have the courtesy to respond when queried.

If I had not had my wife with me I would have been tempted to face it out on the train and see where it went.

Actually, OBB took 1 amount of money from you (incorrectly) and the Zillertal took 1 amount from you.

Your claim for an incorrect charge should be against OBB, not Zillertal, which could be why they have not responded.

furnessvale

Established Member
Actually, OBB took 1 amount of money from you (incorrectly) and the Zillertal took 1 amount from you.

Your claim for an incorrect charge should be against OBB, not Zillertal, which could be why they have not responded.

It's too long ago to matter now, but how is a passenger expected to know that? A ticket clerk at Jenbach sold me tickets. Jenbach is the end station of the Zillertalbahn. Whoever he was he was acting as their agent and I'll wager the money found its way to them.

A response from Zillertal pointing out who, in their opinion, to approach would have been nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.