• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Zone 4 Boundary to Colchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

FartinLewis

Evening all ticketphiles, hope you are well!

I am wondering whether a ticket for Zone 4 Boundary to Colchester would be valid on an Abellio Greater Anglia service from Liverpool Street to Norwich (alighting at Colchester, which is in the Network area), providing I had a Zone 1-4 Oystercard even though these services do not stop at any intermediate stations.

Any ideas? Grateful for any feedback!

Kindest regards,:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Provided your Osytercard is a season then it's totally valid.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
An Oystercard is a medium; what matters is the product, not the medium.

You can't hold Day Travelcards on an Oystercard, so we can deduce that you hold a Season Travelcard on it.

Therefore, a ticket from any named station within Zones 1-4, or alternatively from "Boundary Zone 4" would be valid in conjunction with the Travelcard, as per the restrictions & any routeings relevant to the tickets held, with no requirement for the train to call.

A ticket from "Boundary Zone 4" would be valid for non-stop travel with any Travelcard, whether it be a Day ticket or a Season ticket, as these are effectively Travelcard extensions.

Sometimes named station tickets are cheaper, sometimes Boundary Zone 4 tickets are cheaper. Where they are the same price, there's no difference to you which you get, though BZ4 tickets cannot be purchased online, so may involve queuing.

FartinLewis

An Oystercard is a medium; what matters is the product, not the medium.

You can't hold Day Travelcards on an Oystercard, so we can deduce that you hold a Season Travelcard on it.

Therefore, a ticket from any named station within Zones 1-4, or alternatively from "Boundary Zone 4" would be valid in conjunction with the Travelcard, as per the restrictions & any routeings relevant to the tickets held, with no requirement for the train to call.

A ticket from "Boundary Zone 4" would be valid for non-stop travel with any Travelcard, whether it be a Day ticket or a Season ticket, as these are effectively Travelcard extensions.

Sometimes named station tickets are cheaper, sometimes Boundary Zone 4 tickets are cheaper. Where they are the same price, there's no difference to you which you get, though BZ4 tickets cannot be purchased online, so may involve queuing.

Wonderful just what I was after thanks Yorkie! Indeed, I hold a weekly Z1-4 travel card so this should work,

Many thanks again (+ to Hadders)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.