• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Zone 6 Boundary to Chesham + return from Amersham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
:?: Anyone got the (non Oyster) fare for this? Out and back after 10 a.m. on the same day. Gold travelcard discount (as applicable)

Someone has previously suggested that a Bushey - Zone 9 travelcard might be the best value ticket, but I had some difficulty when trying to book this.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
I presume you already have a Zones 1-6 Travelcard.

A Zones 7-9 off peak day Travelcard costs £7.60 with a railcard discount, which is the same price as Zones 1-9. See http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14416.aspx LUL ticket offices should be able to sell this, as you say at a BR ticket office putting a station such as Bushey as the origin would seem to be a suitable workround.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Someone has previously suggested that a Bushey - Zone 9 travelcard might be the best value ticket, but I had some difficulty when trying to book this.
Re-reading, I see the confusion with the Bushey ticket. It should be issued as Bushey to Zones 1-6, route AAA Zones 7-9. AAA stands for 'Also available at'.

If you have an Oyster and are prepared to get off at Moor Park in order to touch in, you could do it for £0.95 each way.

Status
Not open for further replies.