• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Zwolle station (Netherlands)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprunt

Does anybody know if there are any left luggage facilities at Zwolle station?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dutchflyer

Established Member
Any slightly bigger station in NL will have a block of those things. it will of course not give any garantee there are empty ones when you are there. They come in 2, sometimes 3 sizes and prices differ accordingly and can only be paid by a bank- or creditcard. No keys, its all electronic, you get a paper slip with a barcode to retrieve. They will all be taken out of service for the kingsday=27/4 mayhem.

sprunt

Thanks - it was this Monday that I went, and I just followed the excellent signage in the station to find them. Two observations from my visit:

1) Zwolle appears to be mostly closed on Monday.
2) That's a big old hole they're digging in front of the station isn't it?

Struner

Thanks - it was this Monday that I went, and I just followed the excellent signage in the station to find them. Two observations from my visit:

1) Zwolle appears to be mostly closed on Monday.
2) That's a big old hole they're digging in front of the station isn't it?

@1: that’s quite common in NL. Musea are closed & so are many restaurants. Lots of shops don’t open till after noon.
@2: they’re building an underground bike parking for some 5k bikes.
@3: what were you doing in Zwolle anyway? Went to grammar school there & avoid it like the plague. Thought you went to Groningen? (did you see the H2 ilint there last Saturday?)

sprunt

@3: what were you doing in Zwolle anyway? Went to grammar school there & avoid it like the plague. Thought you went to Groningen? (did you see the H2 ilint there last Saturday?)

I was in Groningen, and I was flying home on an evening flight from Schiphol so I decided to break my journey somewhere on the way to the airport (hence the question about luggage lockers). Zwolle looked as good as anywhere else - I think it was the largest place that the Groningen-Schiphol train stopped. I did see the H2 - it wasn't planned, but I went to Delfzijl and Appingedam that day, so I noticed it at the station. I guess it's going to replace the diesels on the lines north of Groningen?

Struner

I was in Groningen, and I was flying home on an evening flight from Schiphol so I decided to break my journey somewhere on the way to the airport (hence the question about luggage lockers). Zwolle looked as good as anywhere else - I think it was the largest place that the Groningen-Schiphol train stopped. I did see the H2 - it wasn't planned, but I went to Delfzijl and Appingedam that day, so I noticed it at the station. I guess it's going to replace the diesels on the lines north of Groningen?
They ran trials overnight as they only have the German indusi train protection system. The trials were on the Leeuwarden-Groningen run, the busiest of the diesel lines hereabouts. Just to try & check whether they can match the timetable, both the “express” & the stopper timetable.
& on a sunny day you could have a nice walk around Zwolle. Quite simple in fact, even without satnav ;).

AlexNL

Established Member
The iLint was only there for overnight trials - ProRail and some other parties wanted answers to questions such as "could this train run in the Netherlands?", "does it stick to the tight timetable we have up here?" and "how does the refuelling process go?"

There are currently no firm plans to buy H2 trains, although regional politicians would love to see some H2 powered trains on the Veendam-Stadskanaal extensions when it reopens to passenger trains in 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.