• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

£2 Scheme Route Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwsbro

With the Summer fast approaching, I’m sure many of us will be thinking of planning some trips using the Nationwide £2 scheme.

So I thought we’d start a thread so we can share ideas and suggest some great journeys by bus, that some may not be able to achieve if the scheme wasn’t running

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
One of the best value ones is Stagecoach United Counties' X5 between Oxford and Bedford. I also recall, but not 100%, that they will do a through fare to Cambridge on the 905, changing at Bedford, still for two quid. But you would have to really like normal Stagecoach spec buses to spend about 3 hours on them, sadly it is no longer coach operated.

Another excellent value one is all the way from Lancaster to Keswick in the Lakes for two quid on the 555, stunningly scenic. I would then recommend, after a suitable break so your ears aren't rattling, blowing a further two quid on the two hour loop from Keswick via Buttermere, which in my view has to be one of the most scenic, if not the most scenic, bus routes in England.

J.C.

The X17 Barnsley to Wirksworth in Derbyshire seems to be good value.
Monday to Saturday it looks like a change of bus might be needed but the Stagecoach website appears to allow it to be done for £2.
On Sunday the bus runs through, no change needed.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
We had a similar thread not so long ago, if anyone hasn't seen it:

Status
Not open for further replies.