• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Introducing RailUK Tickets - support the forum when booking your rail tickets!

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
We're delighted to announce the launch of RailUK Tickets! This is our new RailUK branded ticketing engine that supports the forum whenever you book a ticket, at no extra cost compared to using Trainsplit (who are powering the booking engine) directly.

Unlike the previous affiliate site we used a few years back, we've been able to much more extensively tailor the colour scheme of the site to the forum colours (and it looks very smart in its dark red guise in my opinion!) and the UI is much improved. Any feedback is appreciated, either on the booking engine functionality (which we'll pass onto Trainsplit) or the look and feel - just reply to this thread.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Congratulations! Trainsplit is a wonderful site that I get a lot of use from. I’ll definitely start using this, particularly if it supports the forum. I’ve just had a look and it’s very smart indeed. :rf:

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
A fantastic idea which I’ll be sure to use for my future bookings!

I wish it every success :)

Veteran Member
Just tried it and gave up owing to wheel-of-death issues - Android tablet, Chrome.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
It works fine for me on an apple iPhone10 - like the interface!

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It's now fixed - apologies for the brief teething problems!

Jimini

Established Member
Looks good folks! Great UI experience here having just had a quick glance at a couple of journeys :D Well done to all involved.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Mike,

As mentioned in our separate discussion - my concern is that the set up isn’t clear, e.g. it isn’t clear which entity I’m buying a ticket from. You click on “About” and there is no explanation on the set up (no explanation on the partnership between RailEasy and RailUK Forums. The Terms page is suddenly all very RailEasy, but again doesn’t explain how the link between the two works. Is this something that could be made clearer?

TP

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Mike,

As mentioned in our separate discussion - my concern is that the set up isn’t clear, e.g. it isn’t clear which entity I’m buying a ticket from. You click on “About” and there is no explanation on the set up (no explanation on the partnership between RailEasy and RailUK Forums. The Terms page is suddenly all very RailEasy, but again doesn’t explain how the link between the two works. Is this something that could be made clearer?

TP
Thanks for the feedback! We're clear in the site header that the site is powered by Trainsplit, but appreciate that the link between TrainSplit and Raileasy could be clearer in places.

_toommm_

Established Member
If there are issues with a booking, or I require a refund, would I go through the standard TrainSplit customer services (who have been fantastic when I have needed to contact them in the past)?

A great idea by the way, and as long as it supports the forum whilst not devoiding TrainSplit of any revenue, I’ll make sure to use this in the future :)

Adam Williams

Established Member
If there are issues with a booking, or I require a refund, would I go through the standard TrainSplit customer services (who have been fantastic when I have needed to contact them in the past)?
Yes - they'll be able to deal with bookings made via this site just as they would any "normal" TrainSplit booking :)

Shaw S Hunter

Established Member
A possible minor improvement: when I log on my username partly obscures the "Tickets" button in the main forum header. That is less than ideal. And if it's possible how about highlighting said button by using different coloured text.

Speed43125

Perhaps I'm being silly, but I can't see the option to book with a railcard? I'm using Chrome on a windows desktop.

Adam Williams

Established Member
Perhaps I'm being silly, but I can't see the option to book with a railcard? I'm using Chrome on a windows desktop.
Did you click the "1 adult, No Railcard" button? There should be a dropdown in the popover/modal that appears to let you pick a railcard.

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you click on where it says (by default) "1 Adult, No Railcard" the option to add more people or a railcard will appear :D

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Seem to be stuck in a wheel of death situation - Chrome browser on laptop

Like the skin.
Try a hard refresh in the browser? I had an issue where my browser session was still active from the earlier issue (even on a different TS brand)

If still spinning after that can you drop me a PM with your search query please?

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Thanks for the feedback! We're clear in the site header that the site is powered by Trainsplit, but appreciate that the link between TrainSplit and Raileasy could be clearer in places.
I see this now, but not quite so obvious in my mobile browser :)

Deltic1961

Tried buying my tickets for tomorrow, selected later return time and the whole web page froze out.

Adam Williams

Established Member
Tried buying my tickets for tomorrow, selected later return time and the whole web page froze out.
The arrows work just fine for me - what journey were you searching for?

The cursor changes to indicate that the results are being fetched from the server, page continues to be responsive, the about-to-be-replaced results are dimmed out, I can click on results once the results are fetched, scroll up and down whilst it's loading.

Last edited:

Hardcastle

Ive booked marked this as I've used this site previously so will use in future for most of my bookings.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Try a hard refresh in the browser? I had an issue where my browser session was still active from the earlier issue (even on a different TS brand)

If still spinning after that can you drop me a PM with your search query please?
working fine now

Gagravarr

I can't see how to add PlusBus tickets - at what point should I be looking for the buttons to add them on?