• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

17/7/2017 Train or Bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Morning All

I've been doing a little research into the holiday I'm going on in July 2017, and noticed that on the 17th July it seems that all the services between Dumfries and Carlisle will be Rail Replacement Coaches. I need to be in Carlisle for 09:00 at the VERY LATEST and see that there seems to be only one service on that morning that is NOT a bus. The 07:43 Dumfries to Newcastle is currrently advertised to run as a train, and I'm wondering if this service will actually run as a train or, since every other service is a coach, this is just a glitch on the system. Does anyone know anything about this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Morning All

I've been doing a little research into the holiday I'm going on in July 2017, and noticed that on the 17th July it seems that all the services between Dumfries and Carlisle will be Rail Replacement Coaches. I need to be in Carlisle for 09:00 at the VERY LATEST and see that there seems to be only one service on that morning that is NOT a bus. The 07:43 Dumfries to Newcastle is currrently advertised to run as a train, and I'm wondering if this service will actually run as a train or, since every other service is a coach, this is just a glitch on the system. Does anyone know anything about this?

Certainly looks strange. There is an earlier train shown alsoto Newcastle. Perhaps your best course of action would be to Tweet Abelio Scotrail to ask the question. You should get a reply from the "horses mouth" then. You probably wouldn't receive a reply today as it would most certainly have to be referred to Train Planning staff who work office hours.

Last edited:

Veteran Member
Given that there are also 2 buses scheduled around that time, I would assume that the train will start from Carlisle. However, the 0743 bus should do the trick for you.

Romilly

Established Member
The "Future engineering works" page on National Rail Enquiries says that buses replace trains between Kilmarnock and Carlisle for the 9-day period 15 to 23 July.

The 0716 bus is due to arrive at 0818, and the 0743 bus is due to arrive at 0843.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
According to RTT there are two trains still shown - I suspect these have not yet been cancelled off in the system yet for whatever reason.

(just out of interest does anyone know what works are due to take place during this blockade?)

Status
Not open for further replies.