• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

45135's Occasional Trips Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheers chaps!
I did end up bashing the line to Rambouillet a few years back, but never ended up going to Mantes la Jolie. Seeing those 827 things did bring back some fond memories, and i'll never forget the damn bizarre door buzzers on those Z6400s.
The Primas are impressive beasts alright, a sort of larger, electric, skip. I quite liked the Z6400s too, in spite of that funny warbling door buzzer noise - I reckon EMU fans would enjoy the motor howl.

Mantes la Jolie is definitely worth a visit. It's a busy junction station with stabling sidings for the push pull sets just off the end of the platforms and freight sidings alongside. I spied an ECR 66 there on Thursday (can't remember which, not a winner though).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Cheers chaps!

The Primas are impressive beasts alright, a sort of larger, electric, skip. I quite liked the Z6400s too, in spite of that funny warbling door buzzer noise - I reckon EMU fans would enjoy the motor howl.

Mantes la Jolie is definitely worth a visit. It's a busy junction station with stabling sidings for the push pull sets just off the end of the platforms and freight sidings alongside. I spied an ECR 66 there on Thursday (can't remember which, not a winner though).
Indeed they made a good bit of noise, the MS61s on the RER A were also rather impressive but I don't think they operate in Paris anymore? The MI09 stock was just starting to appear when I visited in 2013, seeing gradual cascades and possibly seeing the MI79s and MI84s fill in the gaps.

Indeed they made a good bit of noise, the MS61s on the RER A were also rather impressive but I don't think they operate in Paris anymore? The MI09 stock was just starting to appear when I visited in 2013, seeing gradual cascades and possibly seeing the MI79s and MI84s fill in the gaps.
I didn't see any MS61s when I was there - RER A was a mix of units numbered 15xx-18xx (MI09s and MI2Ns I think) which were pretty good for suburban stock, with seats arranged in bays rather than airline style, and the newer stuff had aircon and proper display screens (no toilets though).
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Looks like you've had a smashing time on the French rails, and some beasts by the looks of the photos!
Aye, having a choice of loco hauled trains going to various destinations every few minutes is a rare treat these days and the Navigo all zones card covers a radius roughly equivalent to Leeds-York/Doncaster/Stalybridge/Skipton, all for the princely sum of about twenty quid for the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.