• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoope

Just seen 55022 at Carlisle light engined. Has it finished its work in the North East? Covered in oil down one side from some sort of leak and sounding very very rough. Seems to be stabled at the side of the station but I dont know for how long.
Took a quick vid of it at http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCYeGeU4OIs

Just seen this on the website
55 022′s work on GB Railfreight’s ‘Alcan’ trains has now been completed and she is due to depart light engine for Carlisle around 10.30 this morning. The loco should then remain at Carlisle until around 11.00 Thursday morning, when she’ll head back to the East Lancashire Railway.

Still it didnt sound very well to me

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Schnellzug

Established Member
Does look like it's been throwing a bit of oil out of the exhaust, but then, they often do do that. i rather suspect that if there had been something wrong, it would've been dragged back to Bury rather than going under its own steam.

GNERman

Established Member
"55 022′s work on GB Railfreight’s ‘Alcan’ trains has now been completed and she is due to depart light engine for Carlisle around 10.30 this morning. The loco should then remain at Carlisle until around 11.00 Thursday morning, when she’ll head back to the East Lancashire Railway."

royalscotsgrey.com

scoope

Thanks for that about running on one engine, you could only see heat coming from the vent on one engine so I think you are both right. Will have a look again on Thursday.

HSTEd

Veteran Member
I don't want to sound like an idiot, but why was a deltic working freight trains? Is it really suited to that sort of thing? I thought it was optimised for high speed running.

sidmouth

Because GB Railfreight's business is booming and are short of locos. I understand they are fixing a couple of 09's to go on the Alcan trains between Blyth and Lynemouth. I suppose the alternative to the quick fix 55022 would have been an in short supply 66 which would have been better used elsewhere.

Dreadnought

Because GB Railfreight's business is booming and are short of locos. I understand they are fixing a couple of 09's to go on the Alcan trains between Blyth and Lynemouth.

Although one of the 09s has now gone to Barton Dock in Manchester for the new intermodal service that is expected to start next week from Felixstowe!

Status
Not open for further replies.